Apple IPad Questions

Thats a good idea. Was not thinking of that.

I guess pros for ipad as far as quoting:

cheaper (was free)
lighter more portable
faster access, always on

cons:

need internet access
not sure if all quoting software works (winflex)
not sure how fast, since its internet

Big issue for me is the company software. However, more and more companies are going online for that. A big plus is having fillable forms on a tablet. Less likely that you get to an appointment and not have a service form or company app.

I do not see where Ipad has the advantage over some of the other tablets in comparison to the huge difference in price. But free pretty much takes that out of the equation.

My opinion...why choose?

Everyone should have both anyway. They both have business uses so write them off.

My opinion...why choose?

Everyone should have both anyway. They both have business uses so write them off.

Good point.

I have a 14" laptop that I take if I need it. A 10" netbook that does all that I normally need. It has all my insurance software on it and a keyboard. Makes sense to take a small tablet loaded with fillable forms and presentations. It will take less room and weight than a ream of forms. My guess is that prices are going to really drop this season.

OK showing my lack of technical knowledge again,

Don't most insurance companies require "wet signatures"?

For LTC most I know of want the hard copy in the mail. Maybe it could be signed electronically and then printed out and sent? (I have not asked this question)

On a side note:

Is there an application (s) that aren't too expensive that a 6 year old could use to learn or play with on the ipad? lol

Most Life companies will let you fax an app. No need to mail original.

I believe Newby has his Ipad all set up.

OK, how do you fax with an electronic document? (it has a fax feauture/ service?)

Is there a way to fax with a scanned document on a desktop PC? (other than manually)

Thanks!

OK, how do you fax with an electronic document? (it has a fax feauture/ service?)

Is there a way to fax with a scanned document on a desktop PC? (other than manually)

Thanks!

You fax with your regular online fax (Ring Central or alternative) from your PC. You e-mail it from the ipad to the PC or use Drop Box. You can fax directly from an iphone or ipad but I think it costs 99 cents per page so there is no need for that.

If you don't currently use an online fax, or Drop Box (or similar) you probably spend all your time doing other stuff like selling insurance or spending time with your family. Get with the program!

I use an internet fax company. That would do it.

Most companies allow you to scan it and attach it to an e-mail. You're just taking the scanning part off since you're doing it on the iPad. If it was free, I'd keep it. It's just a matter of time before more stuff is written for it.

Now I realize this ipad is not "3G'. This means I can only get online through WiFi and not wireless everywhere, except wireless with modem at home.

So no way to run quotes online away from home. Except Wifi. Not sure if the quotes would even be "compatible" and work with ipad if I could run them online, something to do with "flash" amongst other things.

I have to say, there is a roadblock everywhere you turn with the ipad.

Its seems its mainly about what it might do in the future.

I will say it feels nice and light in your hands and thats about it so far.

Last edited:
Back