Apple IPad Questions

If you're a real "phone geek" like me you can "root" your Android phone and download a ROM that has cracked the Wireless hotspot feature on your phone and then you don't have to pay for the extra data plan. Actually, with Android it's pretty easy to gain root access. Check out xda-developers.com to see how to root your android phone.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Last edited:
senior-advisor-indiana;466474[B said:
]Mine is $210 per month. [/B]$205 after oxfords 17% discount. Yeah nice discount huh? AT&T won't discount unlimited packages so it only discounted 17% off of the $30 data package or something... I love AT&T.

How many phones is that?

AT&T is cracking down on people tethering their phones as hotspots without paying the extra fee.

Fortunately, they seem to send a message before they change the plan on you. I have not yet gotten the text message, but may some day. Of course, I don't tether since I don't have the plan.......

Dan

Don't forget that when you represent certain carriers, you are eligible for a discount of up to 15% or so off your mobile phone service with some of the big three carriers.

HERE IS THE LIST:

Updated: Secret Cell Phone Discounts from Verizon, AT&T and Sprint
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
That sounds a bit high. I have 5 droids with unlimited data, text, mobile to mobile, insurance etc... for under $250. 20% discount (Genworth).

Wino.....what service/carrier is that with?

Last edited:
"BEST" deal on 4G IMHO is Sprint.

Unlimited 4G for $59.95 a month. Only limit is on 3G...I turned off cable at my home as I travel so much & just use the 4G. It is Awesome!

iPad with 3G for me, even if I don't hook up the service. Why? Because the 3G has a built in GPS chip which the Wi-Fi model does not have. MUCH better for navigation....whether on the road or as in my case, in the Sky!:yes:

Back