Apple IPad Questions

In my opinion you screwed up.

It runs flash and all the quotes on your desktop through gotomyPC AND is much more portable and boots up instantly.

You have to have a signature pad on your laptop to do paperless apps AND software programs cost $99 not $4 like Apple apps.

Tablets are the future of field sales. I guarantee it. The PC is great for the office.

That is most peoples opinion of Rick...

In my opinion you screwed up.

It runs flash and all the quotes on your desktop through gotomyPC AND is much more portable and boots up instantly.

You have to have a signature pad on your laptop to do paperless apps AND software programs cost $99 not $4 like Apple apps.

Tablets are the future of field sales. I guarantee it. The PC is great for the office.

I'm with you on this Newby.
GotomyPc works great as well as LogMeIn

Or buy a 11" Macbook Air for a bit more:)

I also use VMware 4.0 on my 13' MBA for work/home. What few programs I need on WIN I can easily access that way. [MS Access for instance] Great program but can't load VM Ware on an iPad.
Only solution for iPad is the above two programs mentioned.

I don't use either on my iPad as I have the MBA.

IMHO, nothing beats the combination of MBA & iPad for Business & pleasure:) :idea:

I agree that tablets are the future. For MY business, an ipad just doesn't work. I do not want to have to use a wireless connection to view files on my PC when I could just have them loaded on a laptop.

I'm still writing business on paper but am looking forward to having everything on a tablet.

And I disagree with Newby because that's just the kind of guy I am.

Rick

I agree that tablets are the future. For MY business, an ipad just doesn't work. I do not want to have to use a wireless connection to view files on my PC when I could just have them loaded on a laptop.

I'm still writing business on paper but am looking forward to having everything on a tablet.

And I disagree with Newby because that's just the kind of guy I am.

Rick

Newby never has anything important to add anyway. I know this because of other respectable members(assbossy) pointed this out....:twitchy:

Newby never has anything important to add anyway. I know this because of other respectable members(assbossy) pointed this out....:twitchy:

If Rick disagrees with me then he must be Assbossy's slightly more Butch girlfriend. There is no other explanation I can think of.

I sold my ipad because you cannot run quotes written for PC's. So you can't do much with LTC quoting.

Since it won't run flash websites, you can't even get winflex online (I think).

Pretty much a no-go. So I sold it and bought a 12 inch thinkpad. Does everthing I need.

Rick

Hello Rick,

How long does it take your thinkpad to boot up?

It takes about 2-3 minutes. Since the battery lasts about 5 hours, I have no issue bootiung it in the car before I walk through the door to see my victim - I mean prospect.

Rick

Thats a good idea. Was not thinking of that.

I guess pros for ipad as far as quoting:

cheaper (was free)
lighter more portable
faster access, always on

cons:

need internet access
not sure if all quoting software works (winflex)
not sure how fast, since its internet

Last edited:
Back