Appointments While Under an Agency?

TonyC

Guru
100+ Post Club
Hi friends,

Right now, i am an indy LH agent and get appointed directly with co's to sell their products.

MY question is: "When you go to work for another agency (i guess you are under their license) how do you get appointed to write policies?"

1. Are you appointed under the agency as an agent (so the agency simply adds you as an agent?)

or

2. Do you also apply to get appointed with each company and then work under the agency license?

I'm a little confused on how this works...can someone please enlighten me?

thanks in advance!

Re: Appointments While Under an Agency ?

It is considered a sub-code in most cases.

You can log onto carriers websites to do quotes with your own subcode. On the policy it will have the agencies name for who you are working under. You can use this subcode to keep track of policies and premium written with that carrier.

I do not believe there is anyway to get directly appointed with a carrier while working for that person. Your agency would have to seek its own direct appiontment. P&C they do not appoint individuals they appoint agencies in the indy world.

@nyc,

Thanks Man...

So Basically you are working under the Agent's Appointments?

Does that mean i have to qualify under his EO or do i have to bring my own?

In most cases the agent or broker would extend the E&O to cover you. You would have to confrim this with them.

Yes you are working under the agent's appointment with the carrier.

Back