Appreciation Financial....anyone had any experience with them?

Commissions can go to 100%. There is more, but suffice to say I am VERY happy. I am 66, I don't really care about releases. My wife retires in 3 years then we are out of here. So, this is my last rodeo. Glad I found them.

My partner and I were interested in getting into schools. We spoke to them before. We were told by the agency manager in that office that the real maximum payout is actually 70% to the salesforce. So 100% of 70% at top contract isn't that great. We turned that offer down quickly considering our current contracts were much higher and it wasn't even close. I believe their non-compete was also 2 years. So unless that has changed, it's not a real 100% commission compare to other IMO.

Last edited:
What did she have to say about it?

I'll let her explain. (I just sent her a PM on LinkedIn asking her to chime in.)

In short - they have "a process", they didn't answer her questions about broker/dealer registration in full, at one point they encouraged her to "make money ONLY by recruiting", and they had rather high expenses charged.

But again, I'll let her give more of her experience.

I signed up with them about a month ago. And then my son became very ill and we had to do some traveling to Mayo Clinic recently. That trip killed my budget. The policies and companies affiliated with them are decent. But lot of out of pocket expense for catering luncheons, If you have your securities license, it’s over $100 a week to utilize their BD. I know business costs money but after my sons medical scare, I’m about tapped out. I think my expectations are my issue and not an industry issue. I came from a corporate environment and that isn’t how the insurance industry operates.

And yes they have a process or system for selling that they don’t want you to deviate from. they want a duplicatable system that works for everyone regardless of sales experience. I get it, but I’m not a script follower. You can recruit but don’t have to. I hear recruit and my stomach turns from past experience. I don’t think I can assess them based on my green industry experience.

Back