Are All the Big Mutuals Captive?

Does Ohio National offer FE type insurance?

You can get down to 25k, but its still fully underwritten. You may be able to avoid the exam on small policies at certain ages, but they won't touch half the stuff that FE policies will.

I'd look at Mutual of Omaha for FE type policies... who offer career agent contracts as well as broker contracts.

They pay dividends?

I ask this because I have a client who has a policy which pays dividends. It's a 100k policy. Well his new wife wants life insurance but is leaning towards FE type policies.

He wanted to know if I have the SI FE policies which pay dividends. Now he has me curious.

Also my mother has a policy which pays dividends. It is with Prudential and she has had it for years. She has always took the dividend. Well her premiums are going up and she may need to look for something else with perhaps less face amount. FE with dividend sounds appealing.

Lafayette Life, they have FE-like products. They aren't particularly strong in this market, but it might be worth a look.

They pay dividends?

I ask this because I have a client who has a policy which pays dividends. It's a 100k policy. Well his new wife wants life insurance but is leaning towards FE type policies.

He wanted to know if I have the SI FE policies which pay dividends. Now he has me curious.

Also my mother has a policy which pays dividends. It is with Prudential and she has had it for years. She has always took the dividend. Well her premiums are going up and she may need to look for something else with perhaps less face amount. FE with dividend sounds appealing.

I'm looking on the agent website, but I can't tell. My guess is that these policies are non-par (no dividends) - particularly for the face amounts being offered.

Last time I looked at MoO it was non-par, but the product had a very strong cash accumulation for the face amount.

As for mom, was her Pru product their variable appreciable life?

I am an indy and have Guardian, Minnesota Life and a few others. I was also offered Northwestern Mutual and NY Life as well.

The Northwestern Mutual is simply not true, unless you were going captive with them.

And, NYL is very limited on what they broker out. From what I've seen, they broker a couple of their whole life products and a combo LTC product... that's about all I've found.

The Northwestern Mutual is simply not true, unless you were going captive with them.

And, NYL is very limited on what they broker out. From what I've seen, they broker a couple of their whole life products and a combo LTC product... that's about all I've found.

He probably meant he could offer NYL Term....which since they very rarely allow you to broker the WL why would I want to build inventory for a NYL agent.

Last time I looked at MoO it was non-par, but the product had a very strong cash accumulation for the face amount.

As for mom, was her Pru product their variable appreciable life?

I thought the MoO product had good cash accumulation as well from just looking at it.

I don't know about mom's policy but I'm going to find out.

Back