Are Any of You More Experienced Agents Working on Insurance Designations?

If you work with high net worth clients and their advisors, having CLU or ChFC after your name might be worth something.

To the average consumer, it is meaningless.

Bob Vineyard, CLU

I think I have all the worthless initials I ever needed.

CIC (expired)
MSAA
CBC
ACBC
CSA
BA from a terrific university - UCLA

As I said, from a consumer standpoint, all worthless. The learnin' was great though.

Rick

In most cases, with most people, it won't matter. 98% of the time you won't be dealing with the advanced markets where those skills will come in handy. For those times that it does, hopefully you'll know how to search for the answers.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with telling a client "I'm not a 100% sure, let me do some new research and get back to you."

Now if you have to do that for everything, do the business a favor and quit. But for those rare times where you come across a tough question, a client appreicates the double check.

I've taken 3 or 4 of the classes waaay back when. Life got in the way. Someday maybe I'll finish it up. But what I found is most of the business we do is based in current legislation. Legslation changes faster than the textbooks do. I found it more helpful ($$$) to just make sure I was current. By the time something gets made in textbook form, it may verywell be outdated.

WTF do those initials mean?

Rick ought explain his, too (except for the BA).

FFC = Former Football Coach
FFP = Former Football Player

I know an agent that puts letters like that on his card... and no one ever asks him about what that is EXCEPT other agents... He is a joker...

I am really a FCFP = Former Cert Fincl Planner... but I don't use that dsignation...
:)

FFC = Former Football Coach
FFP = Former Football Player

I know an agent that puts letters like that on his card... and no one ever asks him about what that is EXCEPT other agents... He is a joker...

I am really a FCFP = Former Cert Fincl Planner... but I don't use that dsignation...
:)

Thank you, SportsNut!

Back