As a "side hustle"?

The reason that those outfits catch flack is because you can be part time and get better contracts and leads. Those organizations take a huge amount of advantage of their agents.

I agree but they are designed for the part-timer. The company handles pretty much all the back office task and no office requirements.

Next of course many agents have started at these organizations and left for bigger and better things for them. I'm not saying they are for everyone but everyone has to start somewhere.

I would say if the OP is in a state that doesn't require a sponsor to just study and sit for the exam (Life/Health) and then go from there.

Now if he contracts with a company that allows a temporary license in his state the better.

Just another option and then make a business decision.

I just got back from an insurance conference and one of my buddies said that when he caught an Uber home, the driver asked where he was.

He told him and the dude tried to recruit him to his downline citing 9 years experience and great comp.

I don't hate on people working multiple gigs to do what they need to do but I really don't want my upline driving a taxi.
Who lmao? :D:D:D

I agree but they are designed for the part-timer. The company handles pretty much all the back office task and no office requirements.

Next of course many agents have started at these organizations and left for bigger and better things for them. I'm not saying they are for everyone but everyone has to start somewhere.

I would say if the OP is in a state that doesn't require a sponsor to just study and sit for the exam (Life/Health) and then go from there.

Now if he contracts with a company that allows a temporary license in his state the better.

Just another option and then make a business decision.

No.. They aren’t “designed” for part time agents. They’re designed to take advantage of agents. That’s why no one brings that up.

Of course that's debatable but for some they are a option. As for the commission argument why aren't commission's level across the board industry wide.

They do their commission structure per their business model. Also depending on the company if they are not captive agents can contract directly with carries that will take them.

Then there's the issue of basic training. Did you see I mentioned basic training..Yes product knowledge may be limited to company presentations but people can take it or leave it..

Is it better not to mention the option when someone is looking for a way in? Is it fair to not allow the individual to make their own yes or no decision? Who knows that option just may be the right fit for that person. If it's a bad fit they will figure it out like others have.

No. When I give advice, it’s to give the best advice I can. Not to say, “Here’s this company that’s going to short you 40% in commissions, sell you over priced and over churned leads. If you want to figure it out, go ahead.”

I don’t mention NAA because I’ve worked for/with them. Have you?

The insurance industry has enough people trying to take advantage of new agents. I’m not going to assist in the perpetration.

Of course that's debatable but for some they are a option. As for the commission argument why aren't commission's level across the board industry wide.

They do their commission structure per their business model. Also depending on the company if they are not captive agents can contract directly with carries that will take them.

Then there's the issue of basic training. Did you see I mentioned basic training..Yes product knowledge may be limited to company presentations but people can take it or leave it..

Is it better not to mention the option when someone is looking for a way in? Is it fair to not allow the individual to make their own yes or no decision? Who knows that option just may be the right fit for that person. If it's a bad fit they will figure it out like others have.
I think the OP was discussing side hustles, not how to be hustled on the side?

Until you get to the level of having even a snowball's chance in hell of even making any money....RVP, in which case you become responsible for operating a "store front" office.

1538320271642.jpg

Back