Assurant to pull out of all quote engines

Wow, this board has become extremely confrontational.

JBAGE:

I'm a GA with Assurant. I do well over $500,000 annual with them per year and I still write Golden Rule 7 out of 10 applications.

How can you say Golden Rule sucks if you're not even appointed with them?

I do not consider myself a price whore, but I do consider a lot of my customers price whores.

I personally think, other than the ONE DEDUCTIBLE PLAN, Assurant has a lot more holes in their coverage than most of the Golden Rule plans.

that was only worth 1 cent :cool:

1. since when is half a mil chicken feed? that is purely individual production dude. and I never said it was all with any one company. on top of group, life, annuity, and a little charity work, half a mil in individual alone ain't shabby, and yes, it gets vp's to answer my calls :GEEK:

2. there's actually a comma splice in that sentence, but you probably don't know what that is. being "in the business" any length of time in and of itself doesn't prove anything.

3. that'll be the day.

4. what's a "fortis"? :twitchy: oh I see. you're trying to prove that you actually know more than I do because you've been around a long time too. gotcha. but it still is not an advance. interest is charged on an advance. income reported to the IRS on an advance is reported on an as-earned basis, eg, month by month as the advance is recouped. "fortis" pays annualized commissions, not advances (at its option, see other posts). if you've really been around that long, surely you've sold some life insurance here and there. what "fortis" does is virtually the same as what new york life does--they annualize commissions. just because it is subject to chargebacks does not magically transform it into "advances".

5. if you'll re-read threads, you'll see that others are confronting me, not vice versa. these are people who sleep with the rooney family at night, apparently. they started attacking me just because I made a general observation about their petty little company. I don't care. truly I don't. I love g/r because they're so easy to replace. god love 'em.

thanks for sharing your wisdom.:SLEEP:

OK, no skin off my nose.
I hope that you like singing soprano

</IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG>

See, there you go showing your ignorance. I'm contracted directly through the RSD in Georgia. No FMO or MGA above me. But who really cares, right?

If I get annualizations through his good graces, I really don't care. I'm at 25% and don't write one piece of business with them. They are not competitive here in Georgia. Unlike you, I prefer to do what's best for my clients and Assurant doesn't fit that definition.

What a dufus you really are. You ARE a General Agent with Assurant. It is not possible to have a "25 contract" as an AGENT. Not possible.

And if you hate the company so much, then why in the hell are you appointed with them at all? It takes 100k to maintain that 25 btw, but I'm sure you knew that.

Something smells fishy here.

I mean, in Georgia that is.

(the peach state is one of my top 5 best selling states) ;)

Word from a source has it that Assurant is done with all quote engines; Ehealth, Quotit, Norvax, Insurit, etc...

No quote engine will be running Assurant by month's end. Anyone can confirm - I'm trying.

Back to the original topic.

Your source is fallible. Rumor quashed. Officially. Book it.

If that guy has any "sure bets" on horses, you may want to pass.
:twitchy:

What a dufus you really are. You ARE a General Agent with Assurant. It is not possible to have a "25 contract" as an AGENT. Not possible.

And if you hate the company so much, then why in the hell are you appointed with them at all? It takes 100k to maintain that 25 btw, but I'm sure you knew that.

Something smells fishy here.

I mean, in Georgia that is.

(the peach state is one of my top 5 best selling states) ;)

Yep, that's me, a dufus. But I'm no Richard Cranium like you.

My offer stands. Come to Georgia, we'll get some prospects and go meet with them together. You show them Assurant and I'll show them something else. $1,000 says I close more than you. Heck, we could just poll a bunch of people and asked them if they had to choose one over the other (after we gave them a very detailed explanation of each plan), I'm willing to bet more would pick GR or Humana over Assurant (again, that's just here in Georgia - I don't worry about rates elsewhere).

I don't care if they paid 100%, they aren't competitive and I won't sell it. If they are competitive where you are, great. If they ever become competitive here again and have less issues with claims paying (personal experience with clients) I'll reconsider. And what does it really matter to you whether I'm contracted with them or not? I've been contracted with them for many years. As I said, when they first came out with their HDHP for MSA's (prior to HSA's) they were really the only game in town. Then they started having 20%+ rate increases. And they aren't competitive here now. I'm contracted with BCBS and haven't written an individual health plan with them in over a year. Does that bother you as well? Or is it that you think Assurant is the best because they annualize and pay a higher commission? Can you not live on as earned? Tell us what state you sell the most Assurant in and we can do a comparison to see if you are truly looking out for your victims, er, uh, I mean clients best interest.

Look at my earlier comparison. The savings for nearly identical plans (slightly different deductible with Humana & GR) is $1,000 a year. In my opinion, if you have opportunity to show someone 2-3 plans that work the same but you sell them the higher priced, higher deductible, higher commission plan, you have questionable morals. But hey, that's just the opinion of a dufus. Just because Georgia is one of your best states, doesn't mean you're doing what's best for the client.

Where do you and your band of yahoos get the idea that I "only" sell Assurant? Huh? You have made that up in your feeble little pea size mind, my friend.

The only declarative statement I have made on here, about any company, is that I do NOT, and will NOT, sell Golden Rule. In part because I am not a price whore, or price pimp if the client is actually the whore.

The ONLY thing you are focusing on in your inherently flawed analysis is what the price is TODAY compared to the perceived "benefits".

I focus on so much more than that -- it would make your mind spin son.

Tell me this. Golden Rule did compete for the State Farm contract (fact, jack). Why did they lose out to Assurant (then Fortis)? Huh? Any idea?

There are so many things behind the nuts and bolts of a contract and TODAY'S price -- you are so utterly clueless.

For the record, let me just make this clear:

I am an independent broker. My agency represents numerous carriers--almost everything EXCEPT G/R (I think it may be the only A-level carrier we do not carry today--we also do not carry any company that hasn't managed to figure out how to get above a B+ with AM Best).

I do NOT represent "newbie" companies. Nor do I represent "regional" carriers.

Depending on the state, we may quote anywhere from 1 to 5, sometimes 6 carriers. That's it.

And frankly, from the recommendations I do make, I couldn't give a rat's ass which one any client takes. Makes no diff to me 'cuz I only present products from companies I AM COMFORTABLE WITH.

Is that simply enough for you to understand? :nah:

And no--in case you're wondering, Assurant is NOT our best selling company today. Not that I care. But it is one of a handful of companies that has stood the test of time (despite your inability to understand the claims process--and by the way, representing a client in a claims matter is called a conflict of interest, you big dumbo head--that's a great way to take that nifty little E&O policy for a spin around the block).

:mask:

You've dodged my every time but I'll keep asking - will you be going to the Assurant trip in May?

I do not do conventions. 4 reasons:

1. they are taxable events, and I would rather not have to pay the 33% "tax cost" for the "free" event

2. I actually don't like the idea of spending more than 45 minutes couped up with a bunch of insurance agents. believe it or not.

3. Time away from the office is money down the drain.

4. I like to take my own vacations on my own terms (e.g. tax deductible, not taxable).

But hey, have fun! Smoke a doobie for me, dude :v_SPIN:

From your posts I'd put your age around 24 and put your "agency's" production between zero and one deal a week. If that's not the case that's how you're coming off.

I do not do conventions. 4 reasons:

1. they are taxable events, and I would rather not have to pay the 33% "tax cost" for the "free" event

2. I actually don't like the idea of spending more than 45 minutes couped up with a bunch of insurance agents. believe it or not.

3. Time away from the office is money down the drain.

4. I like to take my own vacations on my own terms (e.g. tax deductible, not taxable).

But hey, have fun! Smoke a doobie for me, dude :v_SPIN:

Fine - but you at least got the invitation....right?

Back