Assurity Questions

Assurity's 20-year term at street level pays 125%. It's one of the highest paying term commissions I'm aware of. That's at the street contract which is 110% on the FE product. 10-year drops it down to 100%.

Still the case in 2018?

Their term products have changed a couple of times since then. So so has their comp. But for me that is pretty close. i am a little higher on one and a bit lower on another. With Assurity you want to compare renewals also. I compare overall payout yr 1, year 5 and yr 10.

True - I'll take a little cut if years 2 - 10 are stronger.

I don't know my levels with Assurity yet - but, i'm really looking forward to their products.

Contracting for their WorkSite products too. Anyone use them?

Assurity was once one of my primary FE companies. Lately their underwriting has not been as liberal as in the past. Wrote a $10,000 policy on a 69 year old male last week. They did a PHI and he told them he had an appointment with his dermatologists later this month for his annual checkup. He was declined. They told me to reapply after his visit and they will want to know if anything was found.

Assurity was once one of my primary FE companies. Lately their underwriting has not been as liberal as in the past. Wrote a $10,000 policy on a 69 year old male last week. They did a PHI and he told them he had an appointment with his dermatologists later this month for his annual checkup. He was declined. They told me to reapply after his visit and they will want to know if anything was found.

I had that exact same thing happen with UHL one time. That's what happens when they answer questions that aren't even asked.

Still the case in 2018?

As far as I know, they've made changes and now the street contact is IS60 (110 on 20, 90 on 10, and 100 on FE.) Anything over that requires a recruitment contract and/or production requirements.

One of the other guys can correct me because I am not direct w/ them but that is what I was told the last time I tried to contract an agent.

As far as I know, they've made changes and now the street contact is IS60 (110 on 20, 90 on 10, and 100 on FE.) Anything over that requires a recruitment contract and/or production requirements.

One of the other guys can correct me because I am not direct w/ them but that is what I was told the last time I tried to contract an agent.

You are correct. They don't let agents start higher than 100 for FE anymore unless they have proof of high production.

You are correct. They don't let agents start higher than 100 for FE anymore unless they have proof of high production.

They price out well in the FE world. I'm going the Term / Small Business direction now . . .

What about their CI and DI products? Worksite?

Back