Average Quote Volume You Do a Month

Indy, heavy on non-standard auto, also do some preferred auto/home and commercial.
Me plus one full time employee, we quote between 20-30 non-standard per week, close about 10 of those.
Quote 20ish preferred PL clients per month, and close roughly 10-12 of those.
Haven't been doing commercial long enough for solid data, but we compete for about 8-10 prospects per month right now, and close 2 to 4 of those. Normal NB written premium per month, in the 60k range, most of that being 6 month premium, not annual.

For states where it is allowed, broker fees are essential for non-standard business. For other states, some agents find ancillary products to sell in addition to the auto.

Not really looking to expand on our offerings there on the NS side... like I said, just an accommodation to separate two distinct business models. ALTHOUGH if CO ever opens up the ability to charge fees... we will.

Not really looking to expand on our offerings there on the NS side... like I said, just an accommodation to separate two distinct business models. ALTHOUGH if CO ever opens up the ability to charge fees... we will.

I hear you. Just sharing what I have learned from successful NS agents in this state and others. Without a process and a secondary revenue stream beyond commissions, NS business can chew you up and spit you out.

Back