AZ to Cut Inhaler Pricing

Hardly a day goes by when I find meds that were once on a formulary no longer are there.

Yesterday I learned that Semglee is missing from some Part D plans because it is biosimilar to Lantus. This should also apply to other biosimilar drugs and more of them are coming on the market.

In another twist, some generics have a higher copay than the brand name. This really shouldn't be a problem if the patient uses a discount card like GoodRx or SingleCare.

It's amazing how little some agents know about how Medicare works. They really bring nothing of value to the table.
Amazing, aren't you the guy that doesn't sell Part D and isn't AHIP certified?

I like the spirit of this.....but lots of details missing.

This reads as though all a pharmacy can sell this for is $35.00...if this is the case a lot of pharmacies won't be able to commercially offer it for that and still keep the lights on....especially smaller pharmacies.

Not quite the same scenario but imagine having our commissions cut from $600 to $35....

Its a nice win for the consumer for sure......

I like the spirit of this.....but lots of details missing.

The link ties back to Reuters . . . a credible news source but reports on a number of things that are not related to health care. Consider Reuters as the canary in the mine who can alert readers to things that are going on that can impact their lives.

I won't do the research for agents who would rather cast stones and are too lazy to look things up, but a Google search turns up more details about the AZ inhalers.

astrazeneca $35 inhaler

Several pharmacists have told me this will be a bookkeeping nightmare for them. Don't be surprised if some pharmacies don't stock these drugs.

It follows the same thought process as carriers and PBM's that are dropping certain med's from their formulary.

And for what it's worth, I don't think I know everything nor do I need to know everything. I only have to know more than other agents who are too lazy to become educated about health care,

It appears that Boehringer Ingelheim inhalers will be available for $35 a month for people with commercial insurance and for those who do not have insurance. Now the question will be is do they consider PDP commercial insurance? I know on the Patient Assistance Programs with many manufacturers they do not consider PDP commercial insurance, but rather government insurance.

Part D is never considered commercial insurance and 99/100 manufacturer discounts dont apply to pdp/va/tricare/medicaid

Back