B to B results

Everything this year is local marketing and self-generated leads. Part of my new years resolution is I will not pay any company or any person for a lead this year. I'm doing some local advertising, but I obviously control the ad. I'm actually doing a pretty wide variety of stuff but...

did 3 1/2 hrs of B to B at the end of last week, just wrote my second app from it.

App 1: $4,200+ premium
App 2: $2,600+ premium

20% commish for both apps: $6,800 X 20% = $1,360. One deal was a sit, the other online. The sit was 50 minutes "door step to door step" and the online was 30 minutes total.

total time invested: 4 hrs 50 minutes - call it 5.

This is not "here's a flyer" B to B. This is "is the owner in?" B to B, introducing myself and going over how my services will benefit them.

Let's go figure out how many people in the country would work 5 hours to return $1,300. For you ROI guys, it's $260 an hour.

That doesn't mean I'm out B to B every day - just one leg of a "do it myself" marketing program. Today I did some telemarketing and on Thursday I have a chamber event.

Certainly beats calling answering machines for 5 hours.

That's great!!

You are a very interesting guy--I am new to the forum and have read many of your posts! I like your approaches and your comments and all the help you give. I have checked out your website--seems helpful also.

When you say, you approach them with your services--exactly what do you say? I think the phrasing is very important.

Although I am new--I think I have quite a bit of support--I have a medicare person who will help me, I have a personal lines person who will help me, I have an annuity guy, a commercial guy & E and S--

So should I just get out there and start bringing people to my people? Or just focus on one niche--that's why I was wondering what you say and what your "services" include.

Thanks

That's great!!

You are a very interesting guy--I am new to the forum and have read many of your posts! I like your approaches and your comments and all the help you give. I have checked out your website--seems helpful also.

When you say, you approach them with your services--exactly what do you say? I think the phrasing is very important.

Although I am new--I think I have quite a bit of support--I have a medicare person who will help me, I have a personal lines person who will help me, I have an annuity guy, a commercial guy & E and S--

So should I just get out there and start bringing people to my people? Or just focus on one niche--that's why I was wondering what you say and what your "services" include.

Thanks

I thought I'd bump this one up, I'm starting working with MassMutual (captive) and I need to sort out some prospecting activites ASAP, I've not a lot of people to use up on my "sphere of infuluence" though, 20 years in the UK tends to weed out the friends here in the US.

Any advice cheerfully accepted.

Back