B to B results

Dress like someone they would take advice from would look.

Gray slacks (Dockers), Lands-End or LL Bean solid white or blue button-down-collar dress shirt (broad cloth (oxford) as opposed to smooth pin-point), dark navy blue or black blazer and a rep tie (again, both from Lands End).

I pick Lands End because I hate to shop for clothes at Brooks Brothers or Nordstroms or the smaller local shops we have here. But if you are a "clothes horse" knock yourself out.

I find the above "uniform" works in ALL social and business occasions.

I don't even own a suit (although I can afford any one I want.) I'm alergic to wool and need to have the pants lined... and that makes a suit too warm in this clime. Here is a trick that was taught to me many years ago. Buy a black blazer and black Docker (or wool) pants and it will pass for a suite 99% of the time. If you replace the gold or silver buttons on the blazer with something less flashy, you will pass 100% of the time (except with some gay clothes-horse lawyer who will think you are an *** for trying to fool him.) :nah:

Al

If you replace the gold or silver buttons on the blazer with something less flashy, you will pass 100% of the time (except with some gay clothes-horse lawyer who will think you are an *** for trying to fool him.)

Hehe. I've got a buddy that's a tax-accountant here in town. Last summer he changed firms, joining an old, stodgy, traditional one.

When Jeff inquired as to what day "casual day" was, they replied - "Sunday".

What do you guys recommend on how the agent should be dressed doing b2b to businesses under 20 employees?

Business casual or business attire?

Some may disagree, but I dress in a matter that reflects my personality type. I did B2B (small business; 1-9) in a suit and HATED IT, due to the fact that I don't like my suits to get wrinkled and after doing that for 2-3 hours a day your suit looks like crap. If you're working the larger businessm market you should wear something that the other people don't, but being slightly conservative in your colors, depending upon your area.

I have dressed in khakis, a nice polo shirt with some comfortable shoes. I prefer the casual approach as I'm a casual person.

I haven't conducted a face to face meeting in 1 year so I cannot say what works out.

I'll test out the casual approach, suit approach, and my personal favorite... Tommy Bahama or something similar, but it has to be silk. Doctors and lawyers and lawyers can get the suit approach as they tend to be more conservative, but in all honesty, here's an idea. Jokingly ask the prospect what they plan on wearing so you can coordinate!

If you buy some suits save the Perry Ellis, Ralph Lauren, etc. for the times you want to show off and are not going B2B. Visit Men's Warehouse for those type of suits.

What do you wear when you go on appointments? Do you still go casual or suite and tie?

For B to B I dress in casual slacks and polo in the summer and just a button down dress shirt and slacks for the colder days. Appointments I dress in a nice dress shirt with tie mostly.

But the main reason is because most of a fact that a much of a person thermal properties escape through their head, which is insulated by hair. In John's case, the warmth of wool helps to ensure that he doesn't get cold.

Sound about right ;)

Back