Back of Your Business Card

This thread is very timely for me as I am about to order new cards soon. Piggybacking on one of Mark's ideas, I've thought about putting something like this on the back:

"Ask me about our FREE LIVING WILLS"

This thread is very timely for me as I am about to order new cards soon. Piggybacking on one of Mark's ideas, I've thought about putting something like this on the back:

"Ask me about our FREE LIVING WILLS"

How about a free credit report also? We do those also.

http://www.rosenthalfinancialservices.com/_downloadz/credit report for free.pdf <--- Here is the forum. They just fill it out and mail it in. It's free. The law allows you a free copy of your credit report so often. Once or twice a year. This forum allows you to get the free report that is required by law. No Hidden fees.

I can also teach you how to do them online, but it's a lot more work.

I offer a million free services for my clients. Here is just a few of them.

PRESCRIPTION ASSISTANCE (Free Prescriptions Programs for those who qualify through pparx.org)
Peachcare for Kids in Georiga (Affordable Health Insurance to Georiga Uninsured Children. FREE OR LOW COST HEALTH INSURANCE)
Make Your Own Legal Will Online (Free)

Taking the manila folder idea a step further, I read somewhere about a producer who keeps expanding folders handy with his contact information either printed on it, or a business card attached, (I forget which).

When he delivers a policy, or when he sees a client come in with a stack of paperwork, he gives them one of these expanding pocket folders with pockets for "insurance" "legal" "taxes" or whatever. Usually five pockets is ideal.

He said that people he visits with years later will proudly trot out their folders, now stuffed with documents -but at least organized. This is a reminder of who you are that lasts for years and is usually greatly appreciated. You can also get them in plastic which runs a bit more in cost. Usually you can go from under $2 to around $5.

I use a much more expensive leather-like zipper portfolio that is imprinted. I get these from Branders.com which I have found over the years to be the most reliable source for these sorts of things, especially if you want the products imprinted. These only go to folks who have already made money for me. The less expensive ones are for prospects.

Yes, on one type of my insurance cards, I do put the 15% tip on the back of the card.

This may come from me working my way through college in the restaurant industry, but does anyone else tip 20% all the time? Unless the service is poor of course. In my world, 20% is the new 15%.

Personally, I have never gotten the concept of tipping calculators or formulas.

How much brain power does it take to figure out 15-20% of a bill?

Don't we all kind of round it up a dollar anyway?

Does anyone tip $6.12 because that was exactly 15 or 20% of the bill? Probably some people do.

And how about the etiquette of tipping on the sales tax (which is 9% here) and what about the tipping on the liquor portion of the tab? I know people that deduct the sales tax before they calculate the tip. Remember the accountant friend in the movie The Four Seasons?

I routinely tip between 15-20% rounded up a dollar. 20% of a $43 dollar bill is $4.30 twice, or $8.60 --a $9 tip. 15% would be $4.30 plus half of $4.30 or a $7 tip rounded up. This isn't rocket science and unless you are also converting to pesos or something, I don't see the value of a tipping chart.

Maybe this is just one of those things I'll never get, like pro wrestling. :laugh:

Does anyone tip $6.12 because that was exactly 15 or 20% of the bill?

I take it you have not met my wife.

She uses the calculator function on her cell phone to figure it to the penny. Got pissed at me the other night for leaving a $100 tip on a $400 meal ticket.

Hah, all wives are pretty much alike. Just ask anyone in the food service business how they like the tennis club ladies coming in for lunch and then wanting the bill split up 8 ways for 8 ladies.

I've seen them taking up a table for two hours, an hour of which was sorting out the bills and figuring (to the penny) how much to tip. :yes:

Taking the manila folder idea a step further, I read somewhere about a producer who keeps expanding folders handy with his contact information either printed on it, or a business card attached, (I forget which).

When he delivers a policy, or when he sees a client come in with a stack of paperwork, he gives them one of these expanding pocket folders with pockets for "insurance" "legal" "taxes" or whatever. Usually five pockets is ideal.

He said that people he visits with years later will proudly trot out their folders, now stuffed with documents -but at least organized. This is a reminder of who you are that lasts for years and is usually greatly appreciated. You can also get them in plastic which runs a bit more in cost. Usually you can go from under $2 to around $5.

I use a much more expensive leather-like zipper portfolio that is imprinted. I get these from Branders.com which I have found over the years to be the most reliable source for these sorts of things, especially if you want the products imprinted. These only go to folks who have already made money for me. The less expensive ones are for prospects.

I use the expanding file with my business card stapled to it. Office Depot or Office Max carries them (I can't remember who at the moment)... I get the type that are open at the top, and use a felt tip pen to write "Medicare Policy", "Insurance Bills", and "Paid Insurance Claims" on the top of each section. Many clients love 'em.... especially those who have papers strewn all over the place (not hard to notice when making kitchen table presentation). You would be surprised to find how many people have no clue about organization.... how they ever file income taxes is beyond me.

moz-screenshot-10.jpg
My wife sells promotional products and she has laminated cards (which last a lot longer) with calendars, tip charts, whatever, on them. My favorite, now that you got me thinking, is either the Blackjack tip chart or the poker hand chart. These would be great with the tagline "If you're going to gamble with something, make it cards, not your insurance.

Send me a PM for more details ( I can probably get you a "Forum" discount!:yes:

Back