BCBS Health Insurance Lapse

hypertrain

I honestly thought I got caught up on my Health Insurance premiums. Went to pick up a
prescription and they said I did not have health insurance. I'm with Blue Cross/Blue Shield.
I fell behind in May but paid 3 payments in April and then 2 in July. Now all of the sudden
I'm assuming it has lapsed??? Is there a way to pay and get caught up and get my health
insurance?? My wife is in desperate need of health insurance!!! Thanks.

Caveat. I am not an insurance agent. (I am a Blue Cross dental plan holder in KS.)

For Blue Cross North Carolina

You should be able to create an account to check your status here:
Members

Here is the contact info, notice comment under telephone:
Contact Us

If you are making multiple payments at one time, you may have gone beyond their grace periods and be at their mercy about whether or not you have coverage.

In KS a family member having trouble with BC cobra coverage contacted the KS insurance commissioner. In this case the family member had documentation of a mistake by BC that allowed the commissioner's office to support them. I don't know if there would be a way for you to have assistance from the NC insurance commissioner in your situation.

In the meantime, goodrx or needy meds might provide you with some help for reduction in prescription costs.

I honestly thought I got caught up on my Health Insurance premiums. Went to pick up a
prescription and they said I did not have health insurance. I'm with Blue Cross/Blue Shield.
I fell behind in May but paid 3 payments in April and then 2 in July. Now all of the sudden
I'm assuming it has lapsed??? Is there a way to pay and get caught up and get my health
Have you tried calling BCBS and asking them this question? :wacko:

I fell behind in May but paid 3 payments in April

Seems like you fell behind before May if you made 3 payments in April . . . unless you are on a quarterly billing cycle.

Monthly or quarterly billing, doesn't matter. If a payment is received after the 30 day grace period coverage can be cancelled retroactively to the last timely payment.

You can keep sending money but until the policy is reinstated you are not making progress.

Bidencare has supplanted Obamacare so you may be able to put everything back together, or not . . .

If you own an aca obamacare plan and get tax credits, you have a 90 day grace period. Longer sometimes if you cry "covid". Call the carrier, sounds like they may reinstate, then call federal marketplace or state exchange. Ask for the Biden pass

Back