BCBS-NC Just Killed SEP Comp

BCBSNC is the only carrier in all of our 100 counties. If that happens, there will be 21 counties with absolutely no carriers (BCBSNC is the only one now). If UHC and BX pull out, that would leave Aetna/Coventry with roughly 33 counties covered. I am sure if one carrier pulls out, it will likely be a domino effect. No one wants to be the carrier with no competition to spread the risk...

In article, CEO says "In 2014, 5% of our ACA members consumed $830 million in healthcare costs...their premium and subsidies were $75 million."

Reading the comments on the N&O article above makes me just shake my head...public has no clue what is going on or how business works.

.public has no clue what is going on or how business works.

My guess is a lot of them don't know how goobermint works either. Goobermint exists to give free stuff like health care, food, a roof over our heads, and free education.

Tax the rich and the corporations to pay for more free stuff.

Are comments closed now? Couldn't get them to open up.

What a shame. I was looking forward to a bit of levity at their expense.

My guess is a lot of them don't know how goobermint works either. Goobermint exists to give free stuff like health care, food, a roof over our heads, and free education.

Tax the rich and the corporations to pay for more free stuff.

Are comments closed now? Couldn't get them to open up.

What a shame. I was looking forward to a bit of levity at their expense.

Comment section is still there and live. Most recent post was two minutes ago at the time of this post.

And someone please reply to Alan Dante in the comment section. Ask him why Republicans have voted over and over to repeal the law if they are wanting to ride it out until the presidential election.

Just received an e-mail from BCBSTX. No commissions to be paid to the agents for the under 65 market with an effective date on or after April 1st 2016.

You're a bit late to the party mudhound. Most agents (should have) seen this coming as soon as the ink was dry on this turd of a law.

Back