Bcbs wait time

I haven't gotten anything official for Texas. However, I had to call PSC on something else today and I did ask. They are being "released" on the 22nd. Just like the Medicare was "released" on the 15th. So plan on the 25th for the direct deposit. BUT, she also said that we were going to get paid the subsidy commission, if they show us as Exchange certified.

I will believe it when I see it.

Just another reason I want UHC to be in the indy market for 2015. The commission payments and schedule.

KGMom, it looks like BCBS-IL was taking a lot of heat and posted the commission reports this afternoon. All client & subsidy premium included in the calculation. Hopefully Texas did the same.

It is unfortunate (from the agent's standpoint) that BCBS came in with premiums for 2014 that blew away Aetna and Humana..at least here in the Chicago area anyway. No competition whatsoever.

I'm with you in hoping that United Healthcare enters our markets with a BANG for the 2015 Open Enrollment. BCBS needs something to shake them up. They knew they would get 90% of all enrollees and therefore didn't boost up much of the infrastructure to handle the crush.
-ac

Just another reason I want UHC to be in the indy market for 2015. The commission payments and schedule.

KGMom, even with 5 competitors, BCBS-IL captured a huge 92% of the FFMarketplace business this past open enrollment. Did BCBS-TX get the vast majority of signups?

Reference Article: Blue Cross Emerges As Winner In Illinois

If United Health Care does its homework properly and has the stomach for it, they could do quite well.. ON and/or OFF-Exchange.
ac

If you look at the handful of states that had GI prior to 2014 you will see a not so suspicious pattern or market domination.

KGMom, even with 5 competitors, BCBS-IL captured a huge 92% of the FFMarketplace business this past open enrollment. Did BCBS-TX get the vast majority of signups?

Reference Article: Blue Cross Emerges As Winner In Illinois

If United Health Care does its homework properly and has the stomach for it, they could do quite well.. ON and/or OFF-Exchange.
ac

Please God, bring me UHC for 2015 OEP. Pretty please. With sugar on top.

Here's what we received:

375K on exchange, 550K belly buttons. If Texas had 738K "people" (I am going to assume that's belly buttons) on the NAHU report, that's 75%. With 25% scattered between 3 other carriers.

Not quite the domination they had in Illinois, but twice as many people.

BCBSIL worse this year. Now Losing online apps, of all things. You'd think theou would be at least a little better, or had learned...SOMETHING! At least they paid on time this month.

BCBSIL worse this year. Now Losing online apps, of all things. You'd think theou would be at least a little better, or had learned...SOMETHING! At least they paid on time this month.

Not over 65. Its a week late.

I'm not having the system issues. Stay Blue and Keep Me Blue (that's for our terminations) are working well.

Oh and I re-read me asking for UHC. I got what I asked for, except the rates aren't competitive and a teensy issue about no OON benefit. Which is just stupid.

Not over 65. Its a week late.

I'm not having the system issues. Stay Blue and Keep Me Blue (that's for our terminations) are working well.

Oh and I re-read me asking for UHC. I got what I asked for, except the rates aren't competitive and a teensy issue about no OON benefit. Which is just stupid.

KGMom,
No "over 65" $$ here either. Usually, that statement is out 2 to 3 days before the Under65 statement. First time for everything.

I can't get over how absolutely messed up our BCBS-IL Technical people are. Tonight, the links that allow agent's to see what the client's current premium and 2015 premium, are totally broken. I feel like such a useless ass when clients call and I can't tell them anything.

It's going to be a joy taking BCBSIL clients and converting them to our Land of Lincoln government coop plan this Open Enrollment. They suddenly have a very good portfolio for 2015!
:yes:

Back