Bcbs wait time

Wait times are back up again...way up! TIP: If you press the button for purchasing a plan, you get through in less than 30 seconds. Apologize to that person (oops! I pressed the wrong button) and have them tranfer you. Then the wait time to the desired department is less than 5 minutes. A better way to skin the cat. (Did people really use to skin cats?!?!)

Sometimes, busy times are so bad, you cant even get in queue to hold! Yes, just call the wrong dept and they will Tx you to the queue. This is an old trick.

85 minutes on hold with Anthem yesterday. At least I got an episode of House of Cards in while typing away on the computer as I waited...

I realized on Monday that when a Customer or Rep Services associate finishes a call, the computer automatically routes the next call to his/her headset. After 20 minutes on hold, the line picks up and I hear this guy giggling and making sounds like he was snorting cocaine. I said "Hello Hello!" and he hung up on me.

That's when I got fed up with following protocol and started routing myself to the Blue Cross new customer enrollment department as the starting point. ObamaCare is making this industry a circus, so we have to adapt however necessary.
ac

Thanks for the tip!!!
I really don't THINK BCBS-Tx is answering the Agent Line at all these days.
I get busy signals ...or... hours & hours of wait times with NO "expected wait time" message (when calling-in on the Agent Line).
I HAVE called-in using the Member Customer Service number (over 1 week ago)...and they took my Agent call (and provided service).

3/15/2014
BCBS-IL "wait on hold" time improved to a bearable level this past week..less than 15 minutes if calling after 1pm. Major system update occurring this weekend, which might explain why the OverAge-65 commissions have yet to be paid. First time I've seen this delay in the past 8 years.

Back