Becoming Motivated?

gradyinsurance

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Well guys, this month has been tough on me. I really haven't worked the business as I should have, instead, I've been focused on a nightmare of a land deal that I am indirectly involved in. It seems to be at an end, so now I need to refocus. Last Friday, I was so stressed out, I could hardly think straight.

Now, after getting some good rest over the weekend, talking to my friends, relaxing, a whole lot of prayer, I feel pretty good. But, I am a little insecure about starting back trying to sell insurance. I am one of those people who can do things easily, once they get started.

So, what do I need to do to refocus, and how should I start back. I had very little success with direct marketing (i.e. telemarketing, etc.). My production has all been referral based, but my referral lines are somewhat dry. Do I need to just start cold-calling? Get back to the telemarketing? And what do you guys do to stay motivated in the face of rejection?

Thanks so much for all of the help,

Dave.

PS: I still don't have any health carriers, except for UA. I just have life and annuity products with everyone else.

Last edited:
I don't doubt you've had little success with telemarketing if you're only representing UA. Expand your product base and yes - hit the phones.

Last edited:
So, what do I need to do to refocus, and how should I start back. I had very little success with direct marketing (i.e. telemarketing, etc.). My production has all been referral based, but my referral lines are somewhat dry. Do I need to just start cold-calling? Get back to the telemarketing? And what do you guys do to stay motivated in the face of rejection?

I think you need to take a long, hard look at what it is you want to do. Once you visualize that goal find out how you can get there and take action. Find out what you're doing wrong and correct it. Confidence will help with rejection later down the road.

Oh, I forgot to mention this before. I am speaking at a local home-school parents association event this Saturday evening, (long story), about the "Need for Life Insurance".

Any suggestions on a striking short presentation?

Thanks, Dave

Last edited:
Oh, I forgot to mention this before. I am speaking at a local home-school parents association event this Saturday evening, (long story), about the "Need for Life Insurance".

Any suggestions on a striking short presentation?

Thanks, Dave

Sounds like a GREAT Audience! I would have to think about that one, I'm sure something in the line of a Death Benefit and Accumulation Account should go a long way. Help with College Funding, as in the income twist on the Financial Aid side of College cost.

In all seriousness, I think "Motivation" is way over played and talked about. IMHO, what is really important is to have a plan and work it, I fail to see how motivation plays that big a part, outside of getting yourself out of bed with a smile on your face ready to do whatever your plan demands.

Get a system such as "The One Card System" and implement it and stick to it! Or develope your own or whatever fits you, just plan out a strategy and stick to it as you would do in any 9-5 job! What motivation does one need to go to work? A paycheck!

Back