Best Brand Portable Laptop Vs Fixed Desktop

AgentStone

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
What is the best Brand computer to own? There are so many out there. I have had Gateways and have never had a problem, but would consider other companies.

I am planning on a new computer purchase and currently have a XP desktop. I don't often go to the client's site (less than 5%) but on occasion a laptop would come in handy.

I was looking for a wide screen monitor and would probably be limited in a laptop. I am sure you could plug one in, but outside of a docking station, not sure how that would work.

Laptop - VS - Desktop; or both?

Any suggestions appreciated!

I faced that dilemma last month. Our home PC was about five years old (Gateway). My work Dell laptop was about four years old and I also had a one-year old Dell laptop that the whole family seemed to use, even though I used it at home for work purposes.

We settled in an HP desktop for about $600. So far so good. I did a fair amount of research and have been happy so far.

The Macbook Pro is by far the best laptop out there. I run both Apple operating system and Windows XP on mine - its like having two computers for the price of......well..... two computers. The price is the only downside. However, you will instantly be cool and people will always comment on your Mac, so I'm sure sales will increase enough to justify the cost.

Alienware M17x.

Mac may be pretty, but they wouldn't shake a stick at these specs...

Blueray player, terrabyte hard drive, quad core extreme 2

Buy a laptop if you want portability. If you want a cheaper computer with better speed and easier upgradeability (is that a word) then you should go with the desk top. I have a desktop for my home and a laptop for work.

I need both.

For a desktop, I have a basic computer, Compaq that I bought on geeks.com as a refub. Added better video card for dual monitors, and extra ram.

Bought 2 new 19 inch acer monitors.

For client meetings, I have a little 10 inch asus netbook.

Comparing the highest-end machine on the planet to the highest end macbook pro the X17 is only 200 more and twice as powerful.

Point well taken. I know nothing about Alienware. Hopefully they don't crash and get infected with viruses like other machines I have had do. My Mac starts up in 10 seconds and runs all day without issues.

I would like a blue-ray option to watch movies while at work though.....

Back