Best Brand Portable Laptop Vs Fixed Desktop

I need both.

For a desktop, I have a basic computer, Compaq that I bought on geeks.com as a refub. Added better video card for dual monitors, and extra ram.

Bought 2 new 19 inch acer monitors.

For client meetings, I have a little 10 inch asus netbook.

What do you do with the 2 new 19 inch acer monitors?:confused:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Buy a laptop if you want portability. If you want a cheaper computer with better speed and easier upgradeability (is that a word) then you should go with the desk top. I have a desktop for my home and a laptop for work.

My laptop fried a while ago. I will probably need both again. What brands do you suggest?

Has anyone gotten a new machine with 7 yet?????

Last edited:
I don't have a new computer, but I did install the windows 7 update and can tell you I haven't had any programs that don't run. I've always used Dell in the past, but got a great deal on an HP laptop and it's been great too. My boss has an HP laptop that's 6 years old (it's a brick) and has never had a problem either. Based on my experience, Dell for desktop and HP for laptop.

BTW, if you get a Dell, they have $350 off $1000 computers all the time. Go to dealspl.us and look for coupons.

Good Luck

Alienware M17x.

Mac may be pretty, but they wouldn't shake a stick at these specs...

Blueray player, terrabyte hard drive, quad core extreme 2

Alienware? WTF? Is he going to the client's house with a desktop to play Half-Life with them? :swoon:

I don't have a new computer, but I did install the windows 7 update and can tell you I haven't had any programs that don't run. I've always used Dell in the past, but got a great deal on an HP laptop and it's been great too. My boss has an HP laptop that's 6 years old (it's a brick) and has never had a problem either. Based on my experience, Dell for desktop and HP for laptop.

BTW, if you get a Dell, they have $350 off $1000 computers all the time. Go to dealspl.us and look for coupons.

Good Luck

Thanks for the tips! Will look at that site b4 I purchase.

Alienware is a nice system...if you want to be a pro gamer.

If you want to get work done....there are much cheaper units.

I picked up a new laptop from BestBuy for $350 shipped to my door that does everything I need on the road....and at that price, I don't /won't sweat dropping or losing it.

Has Window 7....most of the Vista head aches are gone...more like XP with benefits.

The Dell XPS series is very nice - the M1330 with Windows 7 is what I use and it's very quick. You don't need to spend more than five hundred dollars to get a great laptop these days. You can check pricewatch for deals too.

Alienware is a nice system...if you want to be a pro gamer.

If you want to get work done....there are much cheaper units.

I picked up a new laptop from BestBuy for $350 shipped to my door that does everything I need on the road....and at that price, I don't /won't sweat dropping or losing it.

Has Window 7....most of the Vista head aches are gone...more like XP with benefits.

Great deal!!! :yes: Which machine is it?

Back when I was poor I purchased a couple of used Dell laptops. They were very dependable machines and just keep going and going. I find that Dell tends to use quality components in their laptops.

Back