Best Brand Portable Laptop Vs Fixed Desktop

Almost any of them will work just fine.

As long as you dont physically abuse it, or download lots of crap. it will be fine. Just because you are spending 5 times more on a more expensive PC, it will not protect it from viruses, and crapware.

And dual monitors are much more productive. As an RIA, I have the custody software on one, and ACT on the other, or Excel.

No need to switch windows.

When I am dialing, I can have a dvd, music or hulu up on one screen, and my contact manager on the other.

when doing research, I have two browsers up.

It is totally worth it, and usually just need a second monitor as most video cards can now handle 2.

Back when I was poor I purchased a couple of used Dell laptops. They were very dependable machines and just keep going and going. I find that Dell tends to use quality components in their laptops.

I concur, Toshiba are great as well. I've had a Toshiba Qosmio that's been through everything from snow to the beach and four operating systems. Someone even spilled a glass of water on it when it was on once.

Ol' reliable.

My worst experience ever was a Compaq. It just started breaking, both monitor braces, the keyboard fell off...

Crickey!:mad:

What is the best Brand computer to own? There are so many out there. I have had Gateways and have never had a problem, but would consider other companies.

I am planning on a new computer purchase and currently have a XP desktop. I don't often go to the client's site (less than 5%) but on occasion a laptop would come in handy.

I was looking for a wide screen monitor and would probably be limited in a laptop. I am sure you could plug one in, but outside of a docking station, not sure how that would work.

Laptop - VS - Desktop; or both?

Any suggestions appreciated!

Both. I went online and picked up a refurbished 64bit Lenovo for about half retail that I use in the field. You don't need a widescreen for that and 12" does just fine for showing PDFs of your products to clients. It's small enough to fit in a briefcase and it's sweet for online submissions.

Both. I went online and picked up a refurbished 64bit Lenovo for about half retail that I use in the field. You don't need a widescreen for that and 12" does just fine for showing PDFs of your products to clients. It's small enough to fit in a briefcase and it's sweet for online submissions.

Good point! Thanks.:)

Back