Best Company To Start With For Breaking Into The Senior Market?

Find an IMO/FMO/MGA that can get you started with training/info on prospecting, appointment setting, presenting, closing, and agency management. Do all of that as an indy.

I would agree, go indy if you can. To answer your question though Humana has a great career path if you can handle being a slave to them and their management.

Could you tell us which IMO/FMO/MGA are better rated to work with? That you can still be the agent of record.

Interview several before you decide. I'm not aware of any independent ratings. Having a "good" contract, with direct commissions and no vesting period is important. However, even more important is finding help, including ride-alongs if needed, in prospecting and selling insurance. Make a list of the things you'll need/want from them and then do your interviews. You should expect to give up some commissions for training, but it's a deal worth making.

Interview several before you decide. I'm not aware of any independent ratings. Having a "good" contract, with direct commissions and no vesting period is important. However, even more important is finding help, including ride-alongs if needed, in prospecting and selling insurance. Make a list of the things you'll need/want from them and then do your interviews. You should expect to give up some commissions for training, but it's a deal worth making.

Thank you, that really helped me and I am sure other new agents to the senior market.

Hello. I have worked in Tulsa for quite some time in the senior needs and have had a great time working for Strong Family Financial. I would be open to taking and just brainstorming if you want.

Thanks,
Allie Saleh
918-392-2445
ext. 104:laugh:

Knowing what I know now, whether captive or independent, I would develop another income stream/lead generator. I give away Medicare approved braces that pays better than most policies. The clients love them, as they are expensive and come to them at no cost. They are the simplest way to generate referrals. And it is not an insurance product that interferes with your contract or CMS.

If you want to know more write me: [email protected]

There are basically two companies to choose from who specialize in this market. Bankers Life & Casualty and Physicians Mutual.
I started out as a Captive, took the training and left after four
years. Avoid Bankers Life & Casualty. You lose your renewals
if you leave before ten years. Also alot of high pressure !

Physicians Mutual is a highly rated, reputable company. I know
one of their top Career Agents. They provide extensive training
and leads. You are vested after five years.

Hope this is helpful

There are basically two companies to choose from who specialize in this market. Bankers Life & Casualty and Physicians Mutual.

Hope this is helpful

both of those suck, unless you like having 80% of your business replaced by companies with better rates.

Hope this is helpful

Wow! What rock have you been under to think these are the only two companies out there?

Back