Best for Florida Agentsecure, Smartchoice, SIAA, Noodle, Superior

Re: Best for Florida Agentsecure, Smartchoice, SIAA, Noodle, Supe

SIAA usually will NOT put on a brand new agent, unless they have worked in an agency for a number of years,

You have to realize, captive carriers will train you, IA carriers will not, so they generally dont put newbies on as IA's

I know in my state there are only 2 SIAA agencies. When doing my research I spoke with them. With all of these options, you really only get about 50% doing your own research talking with people, even speaking with the MGA's and GA's themselves. This is where having these forums are important. That other 50% is the stuff the aformentioned people didn't want you to know, like the guy who posted the specific line item for InsuranceNoodle 2.0 non-compete clause they hoped to sucker people into; even specifically going as far to not put the words "non" or "compete" in the disclosures.

Information is power and it goes a long way in becoming successful in any industry. This industry is not an anomaly to that rule. The only stupid question is the one you didnt ask. Having thick skin is a prerequisite to starting your own IA.

Why would they (SIAA) mind the 10k you would pay to sign up with them?

siaa isnt putting on any new agents...unless youve bought a book of business and even then why would you join...look at smart choice

My guess is they have a lot of stipulations with the carriers on who they can appoint. In addition, getting the $10K but ruining their brand and the value of their current agents simply doesn't do them any good.

Dan

Experienced feedback from natives is greatly appreciated.

Hi soccer gone sales, I would appreciate if you could share your experience and actions you have taken since this thread posting.

I am currently in a similar position and am looking for an advise regarding joining an Agency Network that will allow me to get appointed with competitive major providers in Florida.

Thanks!
Mo

Back