Best low cost dental insurance

Atm716

I currently have dental thru my employer. The insurance is essential staffCARE minimum coverage. I’m wondering if this provider is worth the charge taken out of my paychecks or other good low cost dental plans. I just need dental
I still have medical thru my parents. Also I would require a dental plan that can help cover major teeth work. like root canals and the extractions .

Well I need some pretty costly work so the best coverage for root canals etc not charging an arm & a leg tho.

Caveat, not an agent.

You can look online for Delta Dental Individual Coverage for your state and get an idea of what the levels of a better quality dental plan will cost you. You can compare provider networks and covered services between Delta and your plan.

United Healthcare has some lower cost coverage. Their provider network is more limited and they will likely come up with some surprises for you on what they cover and what they don't.

Please note that the types of work you are talking about require waiting periods too. Root canals will be a waiting period of 12 months. I think fillings are usually a waiting period of 6 months. Don't know where extractions fall.

Also please note that dental coverage usually has an annual limit. I think what I have seen is $1,000 $1,500 or $2,000. The higher the annual limit, the higher the premium. If you have a significant quantity of dental work you will need done in one year, you will likely have some out of pocket regardless of whether or not you have insurance. I think this is one of the things you will get a sense of if you check Delta Dental coverage.

A dental discount card might be an option to look into.

I have no idea if this is possible or not, but another thing you could check is to see if your parents' medical insurance company also offers dental coverage, and if so, if you could purchase a policy there.

Another thing to look at very carefully is provider networks. What I have seen is that the less expensive Dental Carriers (both on and off the exchange) tend to have more limited networks and the dentist you want to see may not accept that insurance.

Well I need some pretty costly work so the best coverage for root canals etc not charging an arm & a leg tho.
Thankfully, this forum has a resident personal dental plan expert, Lost Dollar. He will help you navigate and get you hooked up! Lost Dollar has 3 dental plans himself.

Thankfully, this forum has a resident personal dental plan expert, Lost Dollar. He will help you navigate and get you hooked up! Lost Dollar has 3 dental plans himself.

I appreciate you thinking of me. However, this looks like a difficult plan seeker that will leave me a negative Google review, so I must decline to help.

Seems like your going to need several dental policies

To replace those teeth with more permanent implants

Give me things that don't get lost
Like a coin that won't get tossed

I've always had wide ranging musical tastes, but the older I get, the more I really love acoustic folksy music.

Back