Best Router?

That router mostly used for gaming. What is your WiFi speed?

If you have connectivity issues faster speed won't help

That router mostly used for gaming. What is your WiFi speed?

If you have connectivity issues faster speed won't help

I again don't understand this much but listed as

band 1: 2.4Ghz up to 600mbps
Band 2: 5Ghz up to 1.3Gbps
Band 3: 5ghz up to 1.625

I don't understand this stuff at all, Not concerned about overdoing it only concerned about not enough or not the right stuff

That came out after I got mine. They are very nice.

anna-chapman-pic-screengrab-712719643.jpg

That came out after I got mine. They are very nice.
Are you talking about a three pack or the red head? :err:

Last edited:
I have the nighthawk for almost two years and very pleased.

That being said I thought this was going to be about routing software for door knocking.

Very disappointed.

Are you talking about a three pack or the red head?

yes

band 1: 2.4Ghz up to 600mbps
Band 2: 5Ghz up to 1.3Gbps
Band 3: 5ghz up to 1.625

I don't know if this is a new model or not. Just checked Amazon and only 1 review.
Amazon product ASIN B07S1RYL3T
You have 3 bands on that modem.

2.4 Ghz band is used for a lot of things including portable phone (landline).

The other two 5 Ghz bands are good for speed but don't have the range of 2.4

Personally I would not buy a gaming router for business.

I keep getting back to your connectivity comment. You apparently have dead spots in your home. If you are using a laptop next to the router and still having problems it is probably your internet service. But could be your modem.

But you also mention Arris. I have an Arris cable modem for my Comcast service. Modem only, not wifi. I had a good router at the time and wasn't looking to upgrade the router. Arris supposedly makes good equipment. Their modem/router gets good reviews.

Before you buy another router make sure your problem isn't with the modem or internet service.

Mesh routers IMO are the best if you have a lot of square footage and especially if more than one level.
Amazon.com: mesh router

yes

I don't know if this is a new model or not. Just checked Amazon and only 1 review.
Amazon product ASIN B07S1RYL3T
You have 3 bands on that modem.

2.4 Ghz band is used for a lot of things including portable phone (landline).

The other two 5 Ghz bands are good for speed but don't have the range of 2.4

Personally I would not buy a gaming router for business.

I keep getting back to your connectivity comment. You apparently have dead spots in your home. If you are using a laptop next to the router and still having problems it is probably your internet service. But could be your modem.

But you also mention Arris. I have an Arris cable modem for my Comcast service. Modem only, not wifi. I had a good router at the time and wasn't looking to upgrade the router. Arris supposedly makes good equipment. Their modem/router gets good reviews.

Before you buy another router make sure your problem isn't with the modem or internet service.

Mesh routers IMO are the best if you have a lot of square footage and especially if more than one level.
Amazon.com: mesh router

There is only one review I got it at costco, there are a lot more reviews

Shows 5 star 370 and for one star 17

I notice this review
"Reviewers stating this is an old router couldn’t be more wrong. This is a brand new version of the Netgear X6S that has only been available for two weeks and can only be purchased from Costco at this time. This product is the R7960P while the former version was the R7900P. If you study the specs you can find the major differences between these routers. The R7960P has MANY improvements over the earlier model. Faster connection speeds and multi-gig internet support are the two biggest differences."

However, I am concerned Although there are not many bad reviews the ones that are bad do mention connectivity issue

A couple of things on the connectivity, 1 I have no connectivity issue with Wifi devices, Only with my computer which is where the wire is connected

This is an intermittent issue, Sometimes it does not happen very often at all, Sometimes its once or 2x a month and sometimes its 5 or 6 times a week

Usually happens where it's for a split second and sometimes I have to shut down and disconnect the cable wire and reconnect then it works for a while

This started a year ago and at the time it rarely happened, I called cable and they told me the issue is def not on their end, I upgraded to the lenseys at that time,It still happened So I was do to upgrade my computer anyway, So I did that early this year

Yesterday I spend an hour on the phone with spectrum and the guy said he ran diagnostics and show their modem is working perfectly no connectivity issues and the only issue could be is the router

At the time I really thought it had to be the modem But he argued there is no way his diagnostics would not show If it was even minutely possible I did argue a while But he would not budge

I am really frustrated because this stuff is like a foreign language to me I just want it to work, I spent good money on good products and I have no idea what the deal is

If you want frustrations try doing things in DOS or Windows 1.0

Fortunately hardware and software is more reliable. I have problems from time to time but nothing persistent.

If your problem is not wifi but only on the computer connected by ethernet (wire) that could be your issue. Replace the ethernet cable and see if that works.

If your cable runs through the wall try using that computer on wifi for a few weeks. That could tell you if it is a hardware (ethernet) or the aliens are messing with your wifi.

Could also be your ethernet port. There should be some kind of diagnostics you can run on your computer when the internet connection fails. That MIGHT tell you if the port is bad or not.

Or maybe your house is haunted . . .

If you want frustrations try doing things in DOS or Windows 1.0

Fortunately hardware and software is more reliable. I have problems from time to time but nothing persistent.

If your problem is not wifi but only on the computer connected by ethernet (wire) that could be your issue. Replace the ethernet cable and see if that works.

If your cable runs through the wall try using that computer on wifi for a few weeks. That could tell you if it is a hardware (ethernet) or the aliens are messing with your wifi.

Could also be your ethernet port. There should be some kind of diagnostics you can run on your computer when the internet connection fails. That MIGHT tell you if the port is bad or not.

Or maybe your house is haunted . . .

To replace the ethernet cable do they have to run all new wire or can they just change the end?

Back