Best Social Media platforms for insurance agency branding?

Best social platform for insurance sales

• Facebook

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Youtube

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • LinkedIN

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Instagram

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Twitter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (I'm too old to know what else is out there)

• *** it, i hate digital marketing

• Total voters
Perhaps we should start by differentiating consumer branding for sales vs agent branding for recruiting.

My goal is to improve my brand for consumer sales. I want to attract the attention of prospective insurance clients, engage them with content, and hopefully encourage engagement into a sales conversation.

HOWEVER, with FB, Youtube, Linkedin, Twitter, Instagram, etc... my efforts would be spread too thin.

My starting plan is to actively post content to my website which i share via FB, Youtube, and Twitter. One new piece of unique advise or educational content per week.

For those of us who need to spend their time selling rather than playing on social, how are you using social?

I am not interested in developing stranger leads. I am however interested in better reaching out to and touching my people.

I need something that is client-facing. I started a Facebook page years ago but just have not touched it since. LinkedIn is OK when someone is looking for me but spam central with other agents and recruiters wanting my contacts list.

Perhaps we should start by differentiating consumer branding for sales vs agent branding for recruiting.

My goal is to improve my brand for consumer sales. I want to attract the attention of prospective insurance clients, engage them with content, and hopefully encourage engagement into a sales conversation.

HOWEVER, with FB, Youtube, Linkedin, Twitter, Instagram, etc... my efforts would be spread too thin.

My starting plan is to actively post content to my website which i share via FB, Youtube, and Twitter. One new piece of unique advise or educational content per week.

For those of us who need to spend their time selling rather than playing on social, how are you using social?

Don't ask which is best for branding. Go where your target audience is. If you want to sell annuities, you go on FB, not tictok. It's easy.

Don't ask which is best for branding. Go where your target audience is

NO, and yes. Some platforms support how you want to spread your message, others dont. If you want to create 15 minute educational videos, then Instagram isn't for you. The ads you run and functionality of the lead flow also varies greatly.

100% agreed you gotta go where you clients are. FB leans a little older, which is great for most types of insurance.

I am going heavy into FB, but sharing my content in Linkedin and Youtube as well. Instagram and tick tock arent for me, as I'm neither young nor pretty, haha.

Why do you think "playing on social" is not selling?

Figure of speech. I am actually working clients on social most of my day already, and planning to sell 100% of my day chatting w leads via social soon, not counting a quick enrollment phone appt a few times a day.

Figure of speech. I am actually working clients on social most of my day already, and planning to sell 100% of my day chatting w leads via social soon, not counting a quick enrollment phone appt a few times a day.

Today I am 100% networking and referral system. I no longer advertise, but did some marketing in the beginning and found almost everything coming from the internet to be complete crap.

What kind of insurance are you selling?

This is pretty much how I handle it. And I agree with the comments about who FB targets - which I feel means it kind of helps to be a little more personal in your FB content. I find it helps to connect with the older crowd to add a little bit of yourself into the content aimed at them.

Back