Best Story You Have of Your Product Helping a Client?

This is not my client or story...but I do like it and heard it years ago in training. It's stuck with me that long.

In the story a guy had a 25K policy and ended up having stage 4 cancer. It was a matter of months, not years at that point. He took advantage of the living death benefit and took his grand kids to Disney world all expenses paid.

He called it his "parting gift."

This is not my client or story...but I do like it and heard it years ago in training. It's stuck with me that long.

In the story a guy had a 25K policy and ended up having stage 4 cancer. It was a matter of months, not years at that point. He took advantage of the living death benefit and took his grand kids to Disney world all expenses paid.

He called it his "parting gift."

I've heard variations on that story. No idea how true it is, but a nice idea.

An acquaintance was diagnosed with cancer over a year ago. She was fighting it until she decided to stop when it just wasn't responding to treatment. Some friends started a GoFundMe so she could take her son's on a great family trip and she could visit home in Japan one more time. Sadly she was already too sick to travel to Japan, so they went to Universal Studios and her family came to visit her.

I'd like to think that trip was huge for her boys, they had one last great memory with their mother.

It takes longer and more money to die today than 50 years ago.

ADB is one of those included benefits, in a lot of policies, that we do explain well enough.

I have had sales calls where the husband zeros in on that benefit more than the death benefit. He can see himself lying dying. It is more of the what's in it for me sale.

My first ADB claim was with Jackson National. Guy was turned down by his insurance company for an experimental cancer drug. We got him $250,000 tax free. He took an early retirement from the utility company. Sold his house in the BayArea and Moved to Mexico for treatment. They started a jet ski business. They used to send me Christmas cards with them smiling, somberos on sitting on a jetski.

True story.

Oh, and I didn't even write the JNL policy.

That is a great line.

Think I will steal it.

@yankee466 has a similar response when someone asks if they NEED long term care insurance.

Depends . . .

Are you going to die slowly or quickly?

JNL used to have a ROP Whole Life policy that also paid 25% for certain events such as stroke or Cancer. With the ADB and Wop.

I would say, this policy will pay if you die, if you live or something in between.

Depending on how we build the plan that would still work for a conversation starter.

Last edited:
JNL used to have a ROP Whole Life policy that also paid 25% for certain events such as stroke or Cancer. With the ADB and Wop.

I would say, this policy will pay if you die, if you live or something in between.

Depending on how we build the plan that would still work for a conversation starter.
Racist! You might just as well said with the "Freido"...

Back