Best Time To Call A Lead

Re: best time to call a lead??

What is the best time to call a lead?

I gave a wise-ass answer before (sorry, couldn't resist), but here's something a little more serious.

Folks that you have to chase around and call forty-five times at various points of the day/night are not very good prospects. Big time wasters.

If they are a player (a GOOD prospect), they'll give you a number you can reach them on, and will answer the phone when you call.

Spend your time with them instead of chasing around (yeah, but I'm persistent!) marginally qualified idiots who do nothing but waste your time.

Residential. The numbers are from a lead broker and an agency that tracked everything through a wicked CRM.

What's your source? Are you talking B2B or residential?

Rick

ha ha, I can tell you, many people don't work while at work, so they handle the insurance, that they're not getting at work, get it?
:goofy:

70% of the calls to residential were connected between 8am - 6pm? Were they calling seniors or disabled?:laugh:

Rick

I don't do much PM calling any more. Most of the folks I speak to are in the AM. I don't track it, but the majority are before noon and the rest up to 3 PM or so.

ha ha, I can tell you, many people don't work while at work, so they handle the insurance, that they're not getting at work, get it?
:goofy:

Agree. Most people that fill out a quote form list a cell or work number as one point of contact. I'd say 50% of the leads I get are during the weekday. They obviously had time to fill out the form. Times they have changed...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I gave a wise-ass answer before (sorry, couldn't resist), but here's something a little more serious.

Folks that you have to chase around and call forty-five times at various points of the day/night are not very good prospects. Big time wasters.

If they are a player (a GOOD prospect), they'll give you a number you can reach them on, and will answer the phone when you call.

Spend your time with them instead of chasing around (yeah, but I'm persistent!) marginally qualified idiots who do nothing but waste your time.

I'd have to disagree. I don't think there is such an exact science and you're probably missing opportunities. After all, how long do those calls where no one answers the phone really take, 1 minute?

I'm sure your system works. And if you're comfortable with it, use it. But, I can have no contact with a lead for 2 weeks and then one day have an excellent contact and immediate sale.

Just because they started shopping doesn't mean they'll buy today, this week or this month.
And to answer the original question:

Now...oh, wait now...and now...

Seriously though, I do have a system. For what it's worth, I alternate between all of these timeframes in sequence:

Immediately
After 7PM
Before 10AM
Saturday Afternoon
Around 3PM
Sunday Afternoon

Every lead is different.

Last edited:

Nice post.

I have some stats for that too (what's left of your quote) based on a test over several months or so, also, based on if you know how to one call close, answer "objections" etc .

* 20% are buyers today
* 5% are buyers over the next two weeks
* 10% are buyers after that time
* 50% of sales were made over 30 days after the original lead was received

Persistence pays off. It's practically a sales fact.

But, I can have no contact with a lead for 2 weeks and then one day have an excellent contact and immediate sale.

Just because they started shopping doesn't mean they'll buy today, this week or this month.

I recommend buying Al's dialer and calling non stop between 9am and 9pm, plus weekends.

This will increase your contact rate to .... maybe 50%.

LOL.

Once again, it totally depends on what products you are selling.

Those numbers pretty much go out the window when calling seniors.

So, identifying the type of lead that produced those numbers would be very helpful. Since there are a few agents here who are new and work the senior market I think it would be very helpful for them. Otherwise they may assume that those numbers apply to all leads. NOT!

Back