Best Way to Start Selling Annuities?

There's a book called "change buyer behavior and sell more annuities" it's an interesting read, with a bunch or research. I read it a few years ago, and have used a few of the techniques in various presentations. Google it and you will find it.

Hi Friends,

I've been licensed a short period of time---and cut my teeth selling Health Ins.

Now, i want to get into selling Annuities.

Can anyone recommend a route they think is best for someone who's just starting out in Annuities?

Is it learning how to close a
  • -Mortgage Insurance Policy (life insurance)
  • -Final Expense plans
  • -or another product?

Thanks

There is no sure fired way to sell annuities...
Patience:
As you're leaving the house after your sell or they're leaving your office
You ask what are you doing with your 401K CD money market etc
you be surprised how many people say I didn't know you offer.....
Try it next time....

Last edited:
There's a book called "change buyer behavior and sell more annuities" it's an interesting read, with a bunch or research. I read it a few years ago, and have used a few of the techniques in various presentations. Google it and you will find it.

Ordering this now, it looks like it's well-backed by research but designed to account for emotions more than anything. You can read sections of it here or order it used here.

NO OFFENSE "Back At Cha!"

...Anyone can sell a mortgage---Oh Really?

LOL...yeah buddy---SURE. How many times have i heard that line (100's).
The trick "Youngster"...is to "Close them!"
(your "pet monkey" and Daddy would have a hard time underwriting a mortgage...i'm sure).

Thanks for the info on Insurance Pro Shop...

LOL

Yeah, we all know what a good job mortgage brokers did for people because of their "underwriting".

Good luck with the annuity comparisons and suitability paperwork, "buddy".

LOL

Yeah, we all know what a good job mortgage brokers did for people because of their "underwriting".

Good luck with the annuity comparisons and suitability paperwork, "buddy".

Why Thank You !
LOL...(oh Man, what have we here?)

1. Just because a loan (or an insurance policy is "underwritten"), doesn't mean "the company" will stay in Business....GET IT?
  2. Yeah, i've seen the disclosures...piece of cake compared to paper work in mortgages.
  3. Where do you live...New Jersey?....Oh, ok, ...makes sense Now (sigh).

For you "Mr New Jersey"

INSURANCE COMPANIES THAT WENT BUST

My guess is that someone LIKE YOU would "blame the Insurance agent" (who "underwrote" for these companies)----for THEIR failure.

~Cheers...!

Back