BestInsurance.com is for Sale.

to Pangaea

Why did you PM me, if you shared info then...? I could tell you the price here. It may sound overpriced, but good and sound domain names are in a great scarcity and this one is very very good. A similar domain name was sold for $114K about 1 year ago.

to Pangaea

Why did you PM me, if you shared info then...? I could tell you the price here. It may sound overpriced, but good and sound domain names are in a great scarcity and this one is very very good. A similar domain name was sold for $114K about 1 year ago.
Why?

Because:

You have zero page rank, under 1,000 backlinks, no traffic, your domain name isn't anything more than interesting.

No one searches for "Best Insurance" on Google, you're talking under 2K people a month.

Usually a site is sold on 8 months of earnings. I'm building out one site now that the plural form of its name sold in the low six figs and we're building it up to sell it then ask for a price like that.

It might behoove you to build out the site's inbound links and footprint before asking for a price like that on a forum.

If you honestly think that you can get that type of price just for the name list it on Flippa and see what happens.

Flippa: The #1 Marketplace for Buying and Selling Websites

I apologize if you believe I'm doing you a disservice, but I don't think anyone is going to pay you that; not even close.

Last edited:
considering the current marketplace, you may want to re-evaluate what you think your site is worth, then again the only thing that matters is what someone is willing to pay for your site.

considering the current marketplace, you may want to re-evaluate what you think your site is worth, then again the only thing that matters is what someone is willing to pay for your site.
I can re-evaluate, if offer is serious, not $200. A lady from Orlando wants $400 for "my_last_name.com", when no one in the world (except me of course) is interested in it.

Thank you for the info. Average SEO value right now is about $10K/month (Jan 2011 $9,177). So even taking in consideration your formula of 8 months (which is flawed), domain name + website costs around $80K.

On G it is:
* on the first page for "best insurance" and "best home insurance"
* on the second page for "best car insurance", "best auto insurance"
On Y it is:
* on the first page for "best insurance", "best home insurance", "best car insurance" and "best auto insurance.
And it is top 1-10 on on both G and Y on wide variety of long tails like "best car insurance and home insurance", "new car mandatory full cover insurance site", "auto insurance rate married vs divorced" (just quickly took some sample data from my database)

People do search all of those terms. But lets focus on keyword in question "best insurance" only. In between of Jan 14 2011 and Feb 13 2011 (I'm taking data from Google Analytics) web site got 220 visitors via this keyword. I just made a test, where I bid $25 for [best insurance] keyword. Such a high big didn't put my ad even to the last place on the first page. On SEO search bestinsurance.com is top 1 - top 3, competing with AMBest.com for the first spot. Thus, you have to pay Google a lot more than $5500/mo (220x$25) to get those 220 visitors. Which gives us that a figure of $70K of investment will repay itself in less than 1 year OR will bring 100%/year of profit, making $0 SEO investments for the rest of your life. It was 1 keyword only. All the traffic is insurance relevant.

I also have about 150/mo "type-in" visitors, just people, who wants best insurance, ready to pay and type in bestinsurance.com in their browser, so called "Yesses" people (by Tim Ash), who are almost customer.

So, asking price is very real. But it requires a serious buyer.

1 week ago, talking to someone, I said that I will not sell domain name for less than $5M. This week is much different.

Back