• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Better Way to Get Prospects?

GAHEALTH

Guru
100+ Post Club
Okay - I have had it with these crummy Internet leads. There has got to be a better way to get prospects for Health insurance besides buying shared leads. I swear I have run into a rash of them where you can't make contact - or if I respond with in 30 seconds of receiving the lead they promptly tell me I am the 5th agent to call and they are not interested. (Happened 3 times over the weekend!)

How do you get prospects for Health (Not FE not MedSupp but individual HEALTH)?

Better Way #1:

Call businesses of 5 to 9 employees, and ask, "My name is Bob Levine, and I'm an insurance agent here in the Atlanta area. Calling to find out if you have a group health plan there, and if you do, when it comes up for renewal, I'd appreciate the opportunity to offer you some competitive quotes."

(you can change this around to fit your personality)

Better Way #2:

Become a volunteer a your local (or several local) Job Networking group(s) for those that are unemployed. Several of these folks are on COBRA, and could save some money taking their children and/or spouses off of COBRA. Or, they are not eligible for the ARRA extension, and need some help.

(the bottom line here is to not go to gather names to call, but to offer assistance in general. the more you are around, the more confidence they will have in you. you will get referrals to others, who are business owners, or are working for companies that don't offer health coverage)

Better Way #3:

Get a magnetic sign to put on the side of your car.

CLICK HERE TO SEE ALL THE DESIGNS

Better Way #4:

Go to networking meetings and pass out your card, and take cards from others.

Key Websites:

Meet Up

Linked In

Atlanta Events

Your local Chamber of Commerce

Okay - I have had it with these crummy Internet leads. There has got to be a better way to get prospects for Health insurance besides buying shared leads. I swear I have run into a rash of them where you can't make contact - or if I respond with in 30 seconds of receiving the lead they promptly tell me I am the 5th agent to call and they are not interested. (Happened 3 times over the weekend!)

How do you get prospects for Health (Not FE not MedSupp but individual HEALTH)?

Why not give live transfers a shot?

They run about $25-35 a pop.

If you are buying shared internet leads at $7 with a 20% contact ratio, that's $35 to speak to someone who may or may not be : serious/insurable/has money/wants to speak to an agent.

With live transfers at least you know they want to speak with you.:)

Don't forget the time you will save by not having to hunt down those leads that don't pick the phone up!

Last edited:
Back