BEWARE of Some FMO's!!

Feb 22, 2019

1. goillini52

goillini52 KeepAmericaGreat...Eat Bacon & BUILD THAT WALL!!!

State:
    Illinois
    38 years here.

A few things you can get from FMO's and still get street contracts: 1,000 piece DM lead drop for 12 issued Med Supps/FE policies.1,000 piece DM lead drop for 10 issued Med Supp/MA policies. Free T-65 lists. CSG that covers every company in all 60 states for Med Supp, MA/PDP, FE, HIP, Cancer and Dental. Free AHIP. Free or dicounted E & O. Free CRM. Free "business card website. Some have catalogs you can accumulate points toward about anything and shop from. Some have their own trips in addition to carrier trips. I'm sure there's more.

In addition to the "freebies", you can get supplies quicker from a FMO than from the carrier. they're good for letting you know when new companies hit the scene, updates, marketing materials and ideas, good articles, video tutorials on how to work with technology, etc.

I'm just saying that I used to feel the same way you do until I started looking around. I don't want a FMO for their knowledge or training. I just want the best deal I can get. :yes:

2. Todd King

Todd King IMO/FMO Owner

State:
    Virginia
    This is where you are wrong...or if you are not, you need to change FMOs. They are not getting a piece of YOUR pie at all. If you do enough production to have higher contracts than you are on now, then you should be telling your FMO to give it to you or find another one. Either way, they take NOTHING from you.

3. myinsurebiz

myinsurebiz Guru

State:
    Hawaii
    Dang - knew there were more and the Russians were holding out . . .

4. Newby

Newby Guru

State:
    Indiana
    I went on an agency trip a year or two ago that was nicer than most of the insurance company trips. It was through an agency that my wife runs some of her Medicare through. Definitely was a nice value add with no loss of commission.

Newby, Aug 12, 2019
  5. goillini52

State:
    Illinois
    O'bama added 10 states. Probably to please Vlad. :yes:

6. ncaggie

ncaggie Super Genius

State:
    North Carolina
    Inboxed

ncaggie, Aug 14, 2019
  7. InsuranceGuy29

InsuranceGuy29 Expert

State:
    Illinois

Definitely beware. There are FMO's on top of FMO's, on top of FMO's. My agency has 2 that they had to contract with, in order to get some of the bigger contracts/deals with the insurance companies. Luckily my FMO is completely transparent, awesome, and isn't trying to scam anyone. So we had full disclosure of how all of this works, but for some crappier agencies, it is SO incredibly easy to screw over newer agents, it isn't even funny.

8. WinoBlues

WinoBlues Guru

State:
    California

True, Unless or until they find this forum.

9. dandan

dandan Guru

You know I am right!

dandan, Aug 16, 2019
  10. goillini52

State:
    Illinois