Beware - You Can Be Sold!

GreenSky

Guru
5000 Post Club
Henderson, NV
I received a letter from Cutler & Associates letting me know that their entire agency force with UHC has been acquired by Premier Senior Marketing. Since this was not my idea, I contacted the new FMO and asked if I could be released upon demand.

The response:

Good Morning,

I am sorry that the change in hierarchy is not to your liking, however at this time we are not giving any releases. Brent Ehlers, our National Sales Manager, has been assigned your agency and will be giving you a call to introduce himself. Please give him a chance to tell you about Premier. You will find that we follow the sales and service path that the Cutler Agency used, which is why Shep chose us as your new FMO.

Pat Moore
Premier Companies
Vice President of Operations

I called Pat Moore to discuss this. (What I really wanted to know is how dare she be so condescending but didn't bother with this). She repeated the no release. I then asked when I signed a contract with them. Of course she simply told me that they are not releasing.

She then offered to give one of the owners, Mike Wingate and Tom Schueth, a message. Six hours later I called and left Tom a voicemail.

Shep and I are friends and we had a long conversation this morning. All he told me is these are good guys and I should give them a chance. I'm fine with this as long as they release me if and when I ask.

They are gone for the day and nobody has had the courtesy to contact me. Pat did point out that they paid Cutler a lot of money but I told her that was not my issue. I never signed with them and now they've put me in a position to demand a release.

UHC will not help because they're party to this crap. Premier may or may not release me in the future but for now add them to the list of dishonest marketers.

Rick

Well that sucks. I can't imagine them thinking that making agents unhappy (or disgruntled) can do them any good. It always amazes me that companies take the wrong approach when dealing with their sales force. Seems like it would have been a whole lot better to say "sure, we'll be glad to release you if you aren't happy - but give us a chance to show you what we have or can do".

At the end of the day, I don't think theres any way you can be held if you want released, as (like you said) you didn't sign a legal contract with them. Good luck.

Brent and his team are fantastic to work with as far as the higher ups I have no comment

----------

As far as a tentacle of amerilife fe that answer is no from my understanding. They are their own company and one of the largest senior marketing companies

Brent and his team are fantastic to work with as far as the higher ups I have no comment.

He can be the second coming of Christ and it wouldn't change the fact that they would not release me when requested. I never signed a contract with them. Lincoln ended slavery.

Rick

Brent and his team are fantastic to work with as far as the higher ups I have no comment

----------

As far as a tentacle of amerilife fe that answer is no from my understanding. They are their own company and one of the largest senior marketing companies

Seems like they don't care about agents after reading the emails back and forth. I would not work with them.

Back