Billboard advertising....any good?

I have looked into advertising on bill boards in the past.

In my city a large high profile bill board can be as much as $20,000 a month.

What do you have on your wrap vehicle? What did it cost? I was quoted $3,000 by one place.

In Texas I believe advertising on vehicles is only permitted if such vehicle is commercially registered. This means higher insurance and other issues.

This rule is basically never enforced though as every home based mom pop operation advertises on their pick up truck or car.

Of course you could tack up placards on every telephone pole in town....wait a minute, isn't there a carrier that does that? I think the first letter is M...like in Mega! Also, you could put those plastic stick on signs on either door of your car with your phone number and stating, "Save money on health insurance. Ask me how." Similar to what those weight loss people put on their vehicles.:cool:

There is just something about having magnetic decals on my BMW that just turns me off. If I had a chevy truck sure but a beamer hell no

Maybe you need to buy a old chevy truck to drive around town a day or two, just to display the mag signs. :biggrin:

Labman should see if he scrounge up an old Yugo and put those magnetic signs on it. It would attaract attention and people would feel sorry for him and call him.

Arnie,

lol... I used to sell cars back in 1987 and the mandatory requirement was everyone had to sell one Yugo per month. You brought back some old memories (all bad :))

Lou

Is 3k bad for 5 to 7 years worth of advertising? Not being condescending, simply asking? It really is a moving billboard, not sure how affective, but.

I do think you need a very quick message though, and a huge phone number, that should be most of your wrap, imho.

Yea, but I would have to invest in a vehicle that I would want to keep 5-7 years. I flip cars a lot. I have trouble putting a $3,000 sign on a $2,000 car and I don't want it on my nice SUV.

Back