Billboard advertising....any good?

What do you have on your wrap vehicle? What did it cost? I was quoted $3,000 by one place.

It did cost $3,000 to wrap the vehicle. I have had the same wrap for six years and it is nearing the end of it's life span. However, that equates to $42 per month for an attention-getting, moving billboard. Of course, you have to buy the car, but you need a car anyways right? You do have to be man enough to drive around in a wrapped vehicle all the time. I eventually bought another car to drive on weekends, etc., because I just got tired of always being in the "company car". :biggrin:

Is 3k bad for 5 to 7 years worth of advertising? Not being condescending, simply asking? It really is a moving billboard, not sure how affective, but.

I do think you need a very quick message though, and a huge phone number, that should be most of your wrap, imho.

It is well worth the money. A small amount really when you consider how much you pay for advertising these days.

However, it is not about the message or the phone number. I have had very few people call me as a direct result of the wrap. It is about the BRANDING. It sets you apart from the hundreds of other agents in your town and people remember it easily (particularly when tied in to other advertising).

Yea, but I would have to invest in a vehicle that I would want to keep 5-7 years. I flip cars a lot. I have trouble putting a $3,000 sign on a $2,000 car and I don't want it on my nice SUV.

You have to put the wrap on the right kind of car. People don't like seeing a Ford Taurus wrapped. A truck wrap just looks like your typical contractor company. In my opinion, you have to put the wrap on a 1. VW Beetle 2. Chevy HHR 3. Mini Cooper. There might be a couple more options out there.

The beauty of the VW Beetle is that the body style rarely changes and it always gets a great reaction when wrapped. Mine is a 2000 and is probably worth only $5,000, but it looks really nice wrapped. If I bought a 2008 for $20,000, it wouldn't look any different. :idea:

If I had a chevy truck sure but a beamer hell no

Post the sign in the back window next to the gun rack. If your truck is a "high rider" you could also put in on the mud flaps above the sihouette of the shapely girl.

I have trouble putting a $3,000 sign on a $2,000 car

Get a smaller sign . . . or a bigger $2,000 car.

You have to put the wrap on the right kind of car. People don't like seeing a Ford Taurus wrapped. A truck wrap just looks like your typical contractor company. In my opinion, you have to put the wrap on a 1. VW Beetle 2. Chevy HHR 3. Mini Cooper. There might be a couple more options out there.

The beauty of the VW Beetle is that the body style rarely changes and it always gets a great reaction when wrapped. Mine is a 2000 and is probably worth only $5,000, but it looks really nice wrapped. If I bought a 2008 for $20,000, it wouldn't look any different. :idea:

What insurance market are you in: health, life, seniors, or P&C? Here is our area a Beetle or PT Cruiser is pretty much a chick mobile. Is that true where you are at?

Last edited:
What insurance market are you in: health, life, seniors, or P&C? Here is our area a Beetle or PT Cruiser is pretty much a chick mobile. Is that true where you are at?

</IMG>

I am a State Farm agent, so I market all lines of business. Unfortunately, these cars are chick mobiles, but they do work well for advertising as well. Many people in my area, not just insurance agents, are starting to use vehicles as billboards.

I am a State Farm agent, so I market all lines of business. Unfortunately, these cars are chick mobiles, but they do work well for advertising as well. Many people in my area, not just insurance agents, are starting to use vehicles as billboards.

I can see it for P&C but not as much for the market I work. It would work for the franchise I own half of and will consider it but will have to find the right vehicle. I don't want a wrap on my turbo Subaru Baha, my GMC Envoy, or my $2,000 Dodge Caravan! :laugh:

I have seen the Billboard help the agent for branding as well. Where I have seen it be the most beneficial is if you are in a small town. There are numerous other company agents in my town and we all have used BB at times, but I have had clients say " I saw your BB" when I know it was the other guy's. From my discussions with other agents especially if you are the only one in town it works especially if you keep it up all the time. Also I agree with wrapping the vehicle especially if it stand out like the VW or PT cruiser. I know some agents have the antique cars or unique vehicles and that works as well.

Vistaprint.com has large car door magnets for 12 each. It is probably one of the cheapest advertising options out there.

Plus they are a site sponsor!!!

I agree that they are chic cars. My wife has a HHR, and I am thinking about doing a wrap on it. For the money, it seems very effective, to me anyway. I would not rule out the wrap for my car, but how easy and or hard are they to get off?

Back