BLind Insurance Agent Oportunities???

My best friend is blind and she is studying to be an agent. Despite loosing her eye sight she is capable of doing 90% of what sited people can do. She once held a job for 10 years at a bank, she is very active physically, able to use the phone, computer, do research, sell, set appointments, create schedules, etc...

She would like to work from home selling insurance. Any companies you recommend?
Have any of you heard of or know of a blind insurance agent? If so, what companies did they find worked with them or for them?
Any advice, guidance, or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

eeandrews, there is a blind man in my networking group who works with Aflac. He has a seeing eye dog with him at all times. He sells disability and cancer ins. He does not stick to just the phones. He is out and about and meets people and gives presentations at companies and does quite well for himself. He knows his stuff in and out. This is not a joke but we talk about him fly fishing as well. So i guess the limitations are what you make. Tell you friend go for it...

Selling Life, Health, and Disability would be fine. In what ways could an agent assess a property-type risk? E.g., how could a blind agent confirm that a property was vulnerable to flooding, or if a property's roof was in adequate condition to write homeowners?

I'm not saying it's not possible, I'd just like to learn more about how these obstacles might be overcome.

My best friend is blind and she is studying to be an agent. Despite loosing her eye sight she is capable of doing 90% of what sited people can do. She once held a job for 10 years at a bank, she is very active physically, able to use the phone, computer, do research, sell, set appointments, create schedules, etc... She would like to work from home selling insurance. Any companies you recommend? Have any of you heard of or know of a blind insurance agent? If so, what companies did they find worked with them or for them? Any advice, guidance, or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I am thinking term / mortgage protection should be do able....

Hello all & thanks for reading & hopefully responding. I realize that this is an older thread but I’m hoping to get some of my questions answered. I’d like to know how your friend did? Is doing with insurance? I am also blind myself & I am looking at a career In insurance after the loss of my 25 year job back in January in radio. I also use computers, iPhone & iPad. Anyone would like to reach out & give ideas I’d greatly appreciate any & all of them. I’d like to specialize in Medicare sups & advantage as being on disability Medicare is something I already know a great deal about & know what a task that can be to sort thru. I would also like to do some disability plans as well as a few other things to make a good income. Anyone who would like to email me directly feel free [email protected] to email

Back