Blue Commission Announcement in Florida

So, you can't be a insurance business consultant and charge fees in lieu of commissions? That seems strange. I know a lot of the bigger houses operate on a fee based model all together for their large groups. I was certain they operated that way all over the country.

They don't do it for individual health insurance plans. These guys are writing 100,000 property policies and 500,000 work comp policies, and 10,000,000 group health plans.

I don't understand whats wrong with $10.00 renewal. UHC only pays 16 bucks on an advantage plan renewal.

I don't understand whats wrong with $10.00 renewal. UHC only pays 16 bucks on an advantage plan renewal.

Most every company pays exactly the same on MAPD's. Why single out UHC? And these are $0/month. Sounds pretty good to me

It depends on your Florida blue contract. Gross commission is pretty good. Sounds like these guys are on 50/50 splits. Gross is $270-$550 PMPM. Split in half hurts. $5-$10 Pmpm renewals. Plus bonuses. I have a 100% contract so I'm alright, plus we have the best ppo network in Fl and half the counties we are the only player on the exchange.
Excuse me, but I am a new Florida Blue agent and I'm not sure what you mean with this post. How much is Florida Blue paying for adults and children under the new ACA?

It looks like they might be moving toward a model that will resemble the Part D compensation. This is my fear going forward . . . . if so, I'll not be participating if companies start doing this. Part D is the most complicated part of the Medicare picture for both the client & the agent - and we get paid the least. That's exactly what may happen here - especially since CMS is in charge of running the Federal exchanges. I believe that it's only a matter of time where they begin to "standardize" commission levels for agents, just like they do in the Medicare Advantage & Part D marketplaces. . . . .

Back