Breaking into this biz - Who Should I Work With?

missingbigbad

Expert
i will be taking my life and health classes monday & tuesday and plan to test next week. i have been looking at senior solutions (i really like the guy who runs the agency), a local gma, who promises excellent training and has a full-time product support staff and telemarketing team, and other options where i sign on with someone and pay for leads.

i plan to focus solely on final expense at this time and possibly study the annuities products and break into that market later on.

i don't really want to get into the fe debate. i have researched and i believe it is a valuable product for a targeted population. i also have run my own businesses for the last 25 years and have done plenty of pro bono work & charity work.

i am choosing fe because i see it as an honorable way to make good money out of the gate. i am a hard worker and can focus on building a book of business, selling other products, and building residual income with health, life and ltc along the way, if i decide to do that.

i would love to hear from some folks who have done well in the final expense arena. would you go captive? non-captive? gma with free leads (12-15) per week?

do you know anyone (imo-wise) with whom i should try to connect?

Re: Breaking into Biz--who Should I Work With?

Newby (Scott) is our resident FE expert. I think Todd King also has info.

If you haven't already, search "final expense" on the forum and you will see who the regular contributors are for that product.

In knowing both of the indivudals that somarco mentioned; I would have to agree. I hope you find what you are looking for.

I think the FE area is great, its where I started recently. I have done pretty good with using lead systems provided by my IMO and I have a mentor who has helped me along the way. I really have no complaints about it. I am with Senior Life Group, Home Page and at this point don't have anything bad to say about them

I think senior solution's main company is Forthought. They have changed their chargeback structure and some folks do not like what they changed. Newby would know for sure.

I would recommend finding a couple of IMOs that offer companies like:

Royal Neighbors, Motorists, Oxford, Presidential, Monumental (They have a lead program)

If you have enough funds use a mail house to send out a min of 1k reply cards each week and work the hell out of them. If you dont have the funds use a company lead program.

Back