Brokers Get Lush Trips and Cash Perks to Sell Costly Medigap Plans

Just quoting the Don . . .

Still, $20k or $11k for 200 apps with a carrier that is not competitive (in my area) is a climb

BTW, so instead of $100 per app in bonus it is really $55 per app. This is going in the wrong direction

If I'm not mistaken, the cash per app is in addition to the trip.

Never did understand why these FMO's can give trips based on Med Sup production but can't include MAPD or Cost Plans. Haven't qualified for years since I don't sell many Med Sups. FMO is making bank off all my business and I get $0.00. Not that I want to go with them anyway, much better taking trip with just family and friends then paying taxes on a trip with meetings you have to attend with people you don't care to be around.

Never did understand why these FMO's can give trips based on Med Sup production but can't include MAPD or Cost Plans. Haven't qualified for years since I don't sell many Med Sups. FMO is making bank off all my business and I get $0.00. Not that I want to go with them anyway, much better taking trip with just family and friends then paying taxes on a trip with meetings you have to attend with people you don't care to be around.

Yep. I've done several trips over the years with captive companies and FMO's. Just give me a higher commission and don't offer trip incentives. I'll pay for my own trip.

Didn't they go under or merged with another carrier?
Either merged or bought out. Can't remember the details. Hung around for years under the same name. No idea where they are now. I hauled ass as soon as I got off that damn boat.

Either merged or bought out. Can't remember the details. Hung around for years under the same name. No idea where they are now. I hauled ass as soon as I got off that damn boat.

I really liked Life Investors, and wrote a lot of their stuff, on the tail end of their existence, before they were absorbed by TA. They had a lot of the old products and riders that people still wanted, when I first started in the biz.

What was so bad about the trip?

Back