Buh Bye Assurant - Up for Sale / Exiting Market

Tell the master that..............he's the one that is ok with the merger.

Just look to their takeover of Coventry. Not seamless.

point one: I hate Humana Medicare
point two: I like Aetna Medicare
point three: Im ok with this

I don't quite get why Aetna would do this but we will have to see, there is obviously something going on.

For us, though, it would certainly make things tougher for ACA business-Aetna's commission structure isn't very good although years 2+ are flat for life-@ $12 per adult in Florida it's about 2% of the average premium where Humana is 4% and Cigna is 6%.

On the Medicare side, it's not much different-in Florida, Humana is dominant in some areas and Aetna is really good in one of my areas of focus (Gulf Coast).

Anthem 1st yr $18 PMPM, 2nd yr $9 PMPM
Blue Shield of Ca 1st yr 3.8% , 2nd yr 3%
Assurant 1%
Kaiser ?
Health Net?
Western Health?

Anthem is $12 PMPM renewal
Kaiser is $100 per head FY $50 per head renewal flat fee
Health Net is 2% level all tiers
WHA no freaking idea
Cigna is 2% level on Gold/Platinum and 5% level on Silver/Bronze

Cigna is only available in 10 counties this year.

On Medicare side Aetna has been amazingly inconsistent for years. Pretty much played the MOO game in CA.

But Humana is the debil. Any change would be good.

Rick

If you don't mind me asking, how many local players do you have? It appears that you are from Alabama and from what I understand the blues have a stranglehold on that state. Also, do how much enrollment do these local players have?

thanks.

four years ago none, two years ago 3 or 4, next year half a dozen, its the trend Im looking at.

four years ago none, two years ago 3 or 4, next year half a dozen, its the trend Im looking at.

Are they taking away market share from Blue or all fighting for less than 5% of the market?

Back