Business Building - The Best of the Best

What line of Business are you selling, "be specific?"

Personal lines: Vehicles: (daily drivers, collector cars, toys), Property: (primary residences, secondary, rentals, vacant), and Life:(mostly term but some whole)

Commercial and Personal Internet leads keep the bills paid currently. None of mine walk out the door at renewal either.

You'll need something stronger then hookers and cocaine to deal with this market though.

Commercial and Personal Internet leads keep the bills paid currently. None of mine walk out the door at renewal either.

You'll need something stronger then hookers and cocaine to deal with this market though.

For personal internet leads, are you with a lot of non-standard carriers like Progressive and Foremost?

From my experience in L&H, these usually aren't the type of people you would be able to place with Auto-Owners or Citizens?

And for the record...financial adviser referrals are BETTER then real estate referrals. I myself want to transition into this market & let my real estate leads be handled by a producer. They are tedious, time consuming & just an overall grind.

I've built my whole book on them & it's a great method of business. BUT...Financial Adviser business is just easier. There's no making certificates for closings, closing date changes, inspection issues (at least not as many.) I think it would be a bit harder to generate the same volume of leads...BUT...I'm going this direction.

If you're going to build your networking presence in real estate, you will need cocaine for sure (or you'll have to drink a majority of the week.) Hookers will be a must as well.

I have to agree. Dealing with loan processors and mortgage brokers and their ever changing deadlines and binder re-writes. Although it can lead into cross selling the auto and others.

Selling to financial planners and advisors is simple: Sell only one product - your best, iron-clad, top-of-line, P&C product. Sell him on its "asset protection" qualities. Such a product is match to his discerning clients. If you go in trying to provide all things to his clients, you'll be nothing to none of them and you'll appear to be just another Joe Shmoe insurance agent. Call your carrier rep and get all the carriers slick marketing material for THAT particular iron-clad product. (see someday you may need your carrier rep!) Take with you a prestigious leave behind piece with your name and contact info on it.

Thus far, the FA's I get referrals from are the ones who really....only sell whole life insurance to everybody. They're the type that go through every single expenditure & find out how to free up cash flow to buy life insurance.

So they love when I save money on P&C.

Haven't built relationships w/ any other FA'a yet

For personal internet leads, are you with a lot of non-standard carriers like Progressive and Foremost? From my experience in L&H, these usually aren't the type of people you would be able to place with Auto-Owners or Citizens?

I place my best with Erie and the crap with my non standard

I find the clients who have money and assets to protect easily grasp the concept of quality over price. I tell them this is what you need and they get it. I can often increase deductables to save them money or make it close to or same as their average policy. $500 deductible on a home is dumb. I can go to 2.5k or 5k and they're usually okay with that.

Back