Business cards with different business name

jack3454

Super Genius
I have about 1500 business cards with the last company’s name on it that I was under, now I’m with a different company but the information is still the same on the card, phone number, email, etc. Only thing is the business name.

Would this be a bad idea to hand these out with the old company name on it and just say I switched companies? I hate to waste these and just toss them, but I’m not sure if this will backfire if I do use these until I’m out of the old ones. Any ideas?

Don't even say you switched companies. Don't say anything that isn't necessary in the conversation.

As long as that phone number is yours, you updated your voicemail, and your website/email is current... don't worry about it.

People do business with people, not companies.

Now, granted, business cards are not expensive to get reprinted. I still have about 500 that I'll toss once I order some new ones. Not a bit deal.

Personally I would only carry a couple until my Vista Print order arrived. So, no I am not using old cards. I would give up Starbucks for a week and order Wino Blues, Your Insurance Guy cards.

Which brings the question, why do you have any other company or agency name on your card? Is it a requirement? Is the name that they could come after you for using?

I don't even know where my cards are.

american-psycho.gif

Would this be a bad idea to hand these out with the old company name on it and just say I switched companies?

Bad idea.

If I was your prospect I'd be going right to your prior company for comparison quotes.

You could cross out the old name but that just makes you look cheap, sloppy and unprofessional.

My vote: Dump the cards and get new ones.

I have about 1500 business cards with the last company’s name on it that I was under, now I’m with a different company but the information is still the same on the card, phone number, email, etc. Only thing is the business name.

Would this be a bad idea to hand these out with the old company name on it and just say I switched companies? I hate to waste these and just toss them, but I’m not sure if this will backfire if I do use these until I’m out of the old ones. Any ideas?

You can get 1000 fresh, new, glossy, thick Business Cards for $79 with Free Shipping.

Toss the old ones.

Back