Bystolic generic ( Nebivolol ) availability (?) and pricing (?)

LostDollar

There's No Toilet Paper- on the Road Less Traveled
5000 Post Club
Kansas
I have been unable to determine exactly when generic Bystolic (Nebivolol) will be available. I thought it was supposed to be available in September, but that does not seem to have happened.

I have seen references to some type of lawsuit going on that may delay availability until December.

Tonight (10/05/2021) while researching some other medication issues, I found pricing for Nebivolol on drug discount card sites for ScriptSave (a little under $130 for 30 10mg tablets) and CommunityCaresRX (a little under $60 for 30 10mg tablets). This compares with $160-$180 for the brand name.

I don't know if you can actually get the Nebivolol at a US pharmacy yet - GoodRX indicates not - but I though I'd pass the information along in case it is of interest or use to someone.

LD...approval at FDA usually takes 6 months to reach the shelves at the pharmacy. Its not at Medicare.gov yet, either. So that means PBM's don't have an NDC number for it.

Your drug list would make my Dec 3 list. Those are lists that are in flux, for whatever reason. I re-run them on Dec 3 and make the best choice possible. The good news is that you are going generic, so the cost will decrease at some point in 2022.

Back