Caller ID - Prospects Not Answering the Phone

Mink

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Is this a problem for you agents of prospects not answering their phone? Do you think a prospect is more likely to answer the phone if it is 1) a local area code, 2) toll free number 3)not a local area code?

Anyone have a way to show a toll free number via skype for example?

Another Question would be what type of lead is it, DM, Teli, shared internet.What demographics, T65 or other ages, any income or medi/medi?

Do you have a drip email?

all these things play a part

Is this a problem for you agents of prospects not answering their phone? Do you think a prospect is more likely to answer the phone if it is 1) a local area code, 2) toll free number 3)not a local area code?

Anyone have a way to show a toll free number via skype for example?

Why would you show a toll free number? What does that communicate to a prospect who sees it on their caller ID?

I've only used localized caller ID on calling system for maybe 7 months, I would say there is some improvement but just noticeable not a Huge amount of difference.

When I do telemarketing the Caller ID shows my name. People are very reluctant to answer the phone if they don't recognize the number or the person calling.

I've tried it almost every which way under the sun. Even the local people don't answer their phone if they don't recognize the number, let alone the name.

Doesn't matter what kind of lead - direct mail, telemarketer, etc. They hide behind caller id and answering machines if they don't know the # or are not really interested.

I've only used localized caller ID on calling system for maybe 7 months, I would say there is some improvement but just noticeable not a Huge amount of difference.

I would agree with Vic,

I never tracked the exact response differences with using an out of state number vs. local but I seemed to always get a little better response using local numbers.

I think for the most part, some people answer the phone and others just don't.

Why not leave a message?

What have you got to lose?

I've left mssgs before after repeated not answering phone but have NEVER received a call back

Other day I tried another tactic-----got the voice mssg and left no mssg but still #ed so they heard the click/hangup. I got a callback within 2 minutes asking "you just called me, who dis is"------they hide behind voice mail and then too curious to not want to know who it is

Yesterday another funny situation, I did the same. Then got a text, not a call, telling me to not call again without leaving a mssg so obviously another hide behind the voice mail type. We got into a text back and forth war when I told them I cant comply with that as don't keep phone logs without them telling me who they are. After 2 or 3 back and forths just to mess with them of course they never told me of course ( I know who it is so will call from another # next time before I eventually doorknock). In one of my texts b ack told them if they want to know what a call is about then answer the phone.

What irks me more---but I understand---is when they don't come to the door when doorknocking when you know with 100% certainty they are there

Why not leave a message?

What have you got to lose?

What I find is many time's not only do I not get call back, I end up with a lower contact ratio over all

----------

I've tried it almost every which way under the sun. Even the local people don't answer their phone if they don't recognize the number, let alone the name.

Doesn't matter what kind of lead - direct mail, telemarketer, etc. They hide behind caller id and answering machines if they don't know the # or are not really interested.

Def Matter's I find with a good exclusive internet lead I have around 70% contact ratio, with shared it is around 40% and lead provider makes a dif as well

WIth teli leads I have around 65% contact ration with DM if T65 around 35% if 67 + around 65%

Back