axeman462

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
70 y/o male whole life
I am quoting a STD rating

drugs:
syvastatin ~ cholestrol
sertraline ~ antidepressant (used to help control energy, only used when needed)

I only represent Assurity, RNA, Foresters for larger policies like this.
I do not want to do a UL unless there are very strong garantees, he has a family history of people living into their 90s (grandfather for example lived to 96)

RNA seems to be best priced I can offer:

$150K - $620.40/mo
$250K - $1,004.20/mo

Any carriers beat these prices?

Could be as good as P+ depending on height/weight and any other health issues. P+ GUL for $150k would be $350-400k. Standard GUL would be $450-500/mo.

70 y/o male whole life
I am quoting a STD rating

drugs:
syvastatin ~ cholestrol
sertraline ~ antidepressant (used to help control energy, only used when needed)

I only represent Assurity, RNA, Foresters for larger policies like this.
I do not want to do a UL unless there are very strong garantees, he has a family history of people living into their 90s (grandfather for example lived to 96)

RNA seems to be best priced I can offer:

$150K - $620.40/mo
$250K - $1,004.20/mo

Any carriers beat these prices?

You could also overfund a UL just to the point of providing a guaranty to age 100 or even 120. I always fund my non GUL UL's to age 120 so that there is the guarantee and cash build up unless the client is ok with the standard 15-20 year guarantee.

Single premium or a small WL with an enricher might work best

If by "enricher" you mean something like the VER with assurity, that idea is not entirely off the table. but the higher level death benefit with RNa was still cheaper. Also RNA can have the div options as PUA, so the death benefit still goes up over time (although the divs are not gauranteed)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Could be as good as P+ depending on height/weight and any other health issues. P+ GUL for $150k would be $350-400k. Standard GUL would be $450-500/mo.

he is about, 6ft, maybe 210lbs ish...
You think he might be a better rating than STD?

Last edited:
What options do you want for the dividends?
Also is the increasing death benefit an important part?
The risk seems to be that the client does not live as long as history tells. The enricher will not only take the risk off of the clients family, but it will give him excellent tax benefits to him and his beneficiary.
I believe I have a few nice options if you are interested in looking.
glad to help if I can.

but the higher level death benefit with RNa was still cheaper. Also RNA can have the div options as PUA, so the death benefit still goes up over time (although the divs are not gauranteed)

Yes, RNA has the option for dividends to purchase PUA, but there is a big catch: they no longer pay dividends. And they specifically say they don't expect to in the future. So your death benefit will not increase.

That's one of the reasons you probably won't find WL that will beat Royal Neighbors straight up. Ameritas possibly, but probably not.

A different option would be another company with an old-school dividend-paying WL policy. For the same premium, the initial face value will be lower but over time with PUA it will get to the same or even higher death benefit.

Just as an example, I ran an illustration with Country Life. It's kind of in between the two RNA policies you listed. About $900/month starts you out at $150K. But with dividends purchasing paid up additions, in 20 years the non-guaranteed death benefit will be just over $252K. This happens to be a paid-up at 95 policy. At age 95 (policy year 25), the non-guaranteed death benefit is $293,828.

You could look at other old-school WL companies.

Last edited:
Back