Can anyone Help W/ Term Underwriting Recommendation

HeadCase

Expert
I have a prospect who is 47 yo Male Tobacco. 2006 had melanoma removed behind ear followed by chemo last treatment still in 06. Wrote him 250k 20 yr but was declined for and I quote "application was declined based on history of malignant melanoma with incomplete treatment and absence of adequate follow up."

Any suggestions on how I can get this guy some term coverage?

I have a prospect who is 47 yo Male Tobacco. 2006 had melanoma removed behind ear followed by chemo last treatment still in 06. Wrote him 250k 20 yr but was declined for and I quote "application was declined based on history of malignant melanoma with incomplete treatment and absence of adequate follow up."

You would definitely want to have you IMO shop this case out, to multiple carriers.

Which carrier declined him???

If the IMO ordered the APS they can go through them to find the answer if the company ordered them the IMO may want you to do a trial app so they can get them. They client of course can get them along with pathology reports.

Did you call the underwriter to get the specifics?

A letter from his Doc that he did all his follow ups and is cancer free may be enough.

Decline by chart notes..... need to find out what Doc put in chart notes that 86th the deal...

I have had this happen several times where the patient is told one thing and the chart notes say another. Doctors tend to not want to ever say a cancer is resolved.. incase it returns (malpractice).

I agree with others here you have to shop it a bit pre-underwriting. The decline may hurt you though as it gives many underwriters pause to make an offer.

The first thing is find out what was actually in the chart notes.

The follow up will be important as well. Underwriters always want to see follow up with melanoma. Especially if it was serious. I have had cases approved after a client went back for the follow up after being declined. Plus, underwriters are more scared of the unknown than anything else!

Back