Can anyone Recommend a Logo Designer?

I am in logo creation phase myself.

I am trying fiverr and upwork right now for very small investments.

Another one you might try is onlinejobs.ph. It is a Filipino job site that do work for very cheap. You will get a huge number of responders and at very reasonable prices.

Good luck!

I'm in the process of creating my brand and getting a website up and running. Can anyone recommend someone to design a logo? I've been looking around on Fiverr, but wondered if anyone has used someone recently who's work they really liked.

http://fiverr.com

No Indians or Phillipinos. Europeans do best - cheapest . . .

I am in the process of updating my websites and off line marketing.

I recently had the logos for these two sites created by someone on upwork. She also does my business cards and print pieces.

7 Ways to Lower Your Insurance Rates – Connecticut Insurance Agent

2017 Connecticut Medicare Advantage & Supplement / Medigap CT Agency

I had the logo for the site below created on Fiverr.com.

The same person from Fiver created the chat and email icons on the other sites.

Group and Private Insurance – Insurance Strategies for Health, Home, Car…

If you like any of the logos, PM me and I will give you the contact information for the graphic artist. Let me know which logo you like so that I can point you to the right person.

I've been working with Elance (Upwork) and Fiverr for several years now. I have hired content writers, programmers and graphic designers.

Obviously the content writers need to be fluent in English.

I have been able to communicate fairly well with programmers from other countries when I've needed something done I couldn't do. A lot of the conversation is about coding and programming languages have a limited vocabularies.

I have had some bad experiences with graphic artists from other countries. What I thought were simple edit requests often took several iterations. I wound up spending too much time on some of the projects and felt guilty about the extra work the designers did so I paid them bonuses.

The money was not the the real problem. The price they bid for the jobs were almost embarrassingly low. The extra time and aggravation was the deal breaker.

That being said, if you just need one logo created the language barrier shouldn't be a big deal. The designers post some of their previous designs online so picking a logo designer shouldn't be too tough. I have had good experience with one-off jobs with people from Fiverr.

However, if you think you will want several designs created, you will have a lot of uncomfortable back and forth if you can't communicate well with your graphic designer. If this is the case, you will want a relationship with someone from an English-speaking country.

Also the pieces should have the same look and feel. Ideally your business cards, brochures, post cards, etc. should remind people of your website. This means that they should probably be created by the same person.

(If you don't use the same person for everything make sure you get your logo designer to give you a "vector based" version of your logo such as an eps file. The file formats used for the web - jpg, gif, png, don't print well enough for business cards in my opinion.)

The person that helps me is from Texas but I would work with someone from Canada, the UK, Australia, etc.

By the way, when I last posted a job on Upwork, I checked the box saying that I only wanted bids from native English speakers. It was pretty easy to eliminate the people I would have a hard time communicating with, but I got broken English responses from all over the world.

Thank you Alston for your thoughtful response.

Good to hear of your experiences. Good thoughts about continuity of look throughout your sales collateral and website.

As I said, I have had both good and bad experiences with various graphic design initiatives over the years. Generally US designers have been great for me. One local designer that I used some years ago actually won a few awards and recognitions for our collaborative efforts in creating logos for things I have done in the past.

But alas....I can't afford US designer costs for this start up. But I'm not of the opinion that I need a 'game breaking designed' logo either.

An image that is memorable and communicates trustworthiness, strength and simplicity and easy to print and read are my only requirements. Saying that...I believe I will have to compromise on 'memorable' for a design that, at least, does no harm and hopefully adds a tiny bit of positive impetus for someone wanting to contact me.

No one is going to decide to do business with you because of your logo. But it is a reflection of you in a small way, IMHO.

Thanks again for your thoughts!

Thank you Alston for your thoughtful response.

But alas....I can't afford US designer costs for this start up. But I'm not of the opinion that I need a 'game breaking designed' logo either.

You're welcome.

If you just want a logo done and nothing else, you can get a good one on Fiverr. I have had logos created that I will never use off the web. I've used Fiver for these and have been happy with the results.

Ask for a vector-based version if you think there is any possibility that you will want it offset printed. A png, gif or a jpeg that looks good on the web may scream unprofessional when put on a business card or brochure.

(You can convert a high quality vector-based file into a fast loading gif file for the web, but you can't do the opposite.)

This probably won't cost you extra and might be standard operating procedure for the graphic artist. A lot of them will automatically send your logo in various formats including an editable vector-based AI or EPS.

If you get the editable files from the graphic artist, you can send them to the person who will design your other stuff when your business is no longer a start up. (Although the new graphic artist will probably want to design a new logo.)

Good luck

Last edited:
Ok great information.

I have usually dealt with jpegs and gifs. I will request vector bases files for the extra work.

Once again...thanks.

----------

Also....I'm curious about your experience with 'content writers'. For what type of products were they writing? Where did you find them? Compensation? Quality of work? Results?

I found one really good content writer who is a CLU. I'm not sure why she was writing content instead of writing policies, but she was really good. She is the only content writer who I let ghost write for me. She charged $100 for an article of about 700 words.

The worst mistake I caught in the twenty articles she wrote for me was when she made reference to the "statue of limitations". You will have to work to find someone that good.

If you want somebody to write about their cat, throw in a few key words and link to your site with the anchor text of your choosing, you can find that person on Fiverr. If you want someone to write content for your site, you will probably want someone who knows insurance and can write well. That person isn't on Fiverr.

You might find someone on Upwork, but I think you will be better off looking on one of the sites that is focused on writers.

Back