Can anyone Recommend Quality Med Supp Leads?

AlcyM

I'm looking to start working from home, selling Medigap plans. Can anyone recommend quality leads company/program for Medicare Supplements? Most of the companies I've found seem to have many bad reviews.
Thanks!

I'm looking to start working from home, selling Medigap plans. Can anyone recommend quality leads company/program for Medicare Supplements? Most of the companies I've found seem to have many bad reviews.
Thanks!

No. Quality is a moving target. Most will over promise and under deliver. If you are looking for leads, there are plenty of vendors. If you are looking for quality leads, there are none.

Get a good, lengthy, vetted list based on credit reporting data, a National Do Not Call telemarketer number and start hustling.

Keep in mind many seniors are on the DNC list even if the number is valid or still in service.

Make your own gravy. Break a leg!

Last edited:
There's roughly 6 million seniors who can be contacted via phone for Med Supps in America. Direct mail reaches people that aren't on the dnc. Do both and compare results. But even dm or tm leads aren't going to be a laydown. If you want easier leads (still not laydowns) the best ones are internet leads which will run $35+ a piece. If you want laydowns, cultivate referral relationships...

There's roughly 6 million seniors who can be contacted via phone for Med Supps in America. Direct mail reaches people that aren't on the dnc. Do both and compare results. But even dm or tm leads aren't going to be a laydown. If you want easier leads (still not laydowns) the best ones are internet leads which will run $35+ a piece. If you want laydowns, cultivate referral relationships...

Wait, DM will reach people not on the Democratic National Convention List, so TM is primary targeting the RNC list? Okay. Got it. :twitchy:

No. Quality is a moving target. Most will over promise and under deliver. If you are looking for leads, there are plenty of vendors. If you are looking for quality leads, there are none.

We find this to be the case almost every time with companies that promise to provide "leads." More often than not, they are not qualified. Best thing to do is call around and try to build a relationship with some of the major sites that collect leads so they know what you are looking for.

If you are looking for quality leads, there are none.

I find this to be a bit pessimistic.

I think it's all about setting the correct expectation.

Legitimately, I have talked to agents who have asked me questions like:

"So I should expect to sell about half the leads?"

You could be getting warm referrals and still not be closing 50%.

When an agent has the correct expectations going into a lead program, it can be wildly successful.

I find this to be a bit pessimistic.

I think it's all about setting the correct expectation.

Legitimately, I have talked to agents who have asked me questions like:

"So I should expect to sell about half the leads?"

You could be getting warm referrals and still not be closing 50%.

When an agent has the correct expectations going into a lead program, it can be wildly successful.

For the benefit of AlcyM, would you please define what a wildly successful lead program with you is? Oh, and throw in some numbers to illustrate your definition.

Last edited:
For the benefit of AlcyM, would you please define what a wildly successful lead program with you is? Oh, and throw in some numbers to illustrate your definition.

I was referring to lead programs in general.

I wasn't specifically stating my lead program but I am happy to play this game.

In the simplest terms, the agents who are successful with my Medicare supplement leads are seeing an average client acquisition cost in the $140 - $160 range.

If you read this forum enough, or talk to enough agents in the Med Supp world, that is about as low as it gets besides referrals ($0).

The average cost per client acquisition by most other agents/agencies working a "lead program" is going to be in the $250 - $350 range.

Plenty of folks are happy to pay their entire FYC to acquire a single client.

Lifetime client value is going to be a minimum of $1500 with the possibility of it being double that if you rewrite them, score a referral or two, or cross sell them a life policy.

----------

In the simplest terms, the agents who are successful with my Medicare supplement leads are seeing an average client acquisition cost in the $140 - $160 range.

These are agents/agencies who are purchasing leads in bulk to receive a discount.

Either 100+ ($8 per lead) or 1000+ ($7 per lead) leads at a time.

If you aren't closing a minimum of 5% after working through 100+ leads, you need to double check your presentation/follow-up.

Back